• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton is the Greatest Rookie QB of All Time

Seltzer

No homerism, no BS...

Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Is his the best QB in the league right now? Absolutely not.

But for a franchise that has endured guys like Randy Fasani, David Carr, & Brian St. Pierre line up behind center, a lot of people on here sound like sniveling nozzles concerning Cam.

Grow up and be a true Panthers fan! Newton is the best thing in 16 years to happen to the Panthers. That is not exaggeration. He is a rookie, and still has a way to go, but I honestly believe he will win a Superbowl here.

And the comparisons to Andy Dalton, or The Golden Calf of Bristol, or any other young QB out there is absurd and insulting.

Andy Dalton will be a good QB in the NFL, but his ceiling stops several stories short of Newton's. All 32 GM's in the league would back that statement.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a pop culture phenomenom. Good for him. It's a nice ride, The Golden Calf of Bristol's a good guy, obviously a good leader and motivator, but anyone who has an IQ over 100 should be able to discern the lasting ability of this run is on par with a roller coaster. Fun and exciting, but it ain't going last.

Jake Delhomme made a Superbowl and 2 NFC Championship Games. I love Jake and will always. 2003 was the best roller coaster of my sports life, and it may always be, even if the Panthers win a SB. It was truly unbelievable. But the success, as we all know, did not and could not last. Jake's will to win simply was not enough to long-term cover his deficiencies at QB.

Jake and The Golden Calf of Bristol have a lot of similarities. The Golden Calf of Bristol has had some short-term success and has already done things beyond what seemed possible given his incredible short comings as a passer. But the truth is he, like Jake, will never be elite. Simple truth- and you can't consistently be good in today's NFL w/o an elite QB.

We learned that with Jake the hard way. You invest a lot of emotion b/c Jake wanted it so bad and so did we. Jake led comebacks when he really shouldn't have. He almost won a SB.

BUT IT ISN'T SUSTAINABLE LONG-TERM!!! If you have watched the Panthers for the last decade, you KNOW this!! So it's crazy people will debate this, especially Panther fans.

John Fox and John Elway both know this too. That is why they want to focus on the present, not the future, b/c there is none.

Cam Newton is sustainable, and he has already shown stretches of being elite during his transformative season.

So get behind your franchise QB!! If you honestly don't believe Cam Newton is the best option the Panthers could possibly have, you are either ignorant or racist.

Come on- I bleed Black and Blue... There are a lot of Panther fans on here who feel this way too. I pity those who don't.

Did you write this to make yourself feel better?

John Fox had three losing seasons

If you wanna be technical he had 4. Three 7-9 seasons and one 2-14.

He's only had one poo season. 2010. He went 7-9 his first year with us and that was his worst record as a head coach with this team except for 2010. He never dipped below that until this franchise fuged him over.

Yeah I fixed it.

If you want to get technical, he had more than one losing season.

Doesn't change the bigger point. He's the best coach this franchise ever had. He's also been the face of consistency for us. The guy's talking about sustained success. I'm pretty sure John Fox's run with us is considered pretty consistent and successful.

Rivera has damn big shoes to fill and Fox picked off right where he left off in 2009 and is outdoing himself his first year with the Broncos with a worse hand that what Rivera got handed to start off the season.

*sigh*

You are a fantastic poster on this site. The majority of what you write here is some of the best, most readable stuff posted by anyone.

But what I don't understand is why you continue to turn such a frustrated blind eye in this regard. You REALLY don't think that some of the hate and bile directed at Newton out there, by writers, fans, and/or scouts, might POSSIBLY have or have had a racial element involved?

Really?

Archived