• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Invasion of privacy?

Johnny Rockets

I wouldn't click on it..none of my business.

I have nothing to hide..but at the same time..I don't want you reading my sh*t either..

it's like, if my phone rings..don't pick it up and answer it....I wouldn't answer yours

I 100% agree with this. It seems people have differing opinions which is kind of what I expected.

I recently had it done to me...was there something to see? Technically yes but nothing too terrible or that I was trying to hide in the first place. I always said if you want to know something just ask me. You might not like the answer but you will get the truth.

I guess there is no clear cut right or wrong answer but pretty sure it's a deal breaker for me especially so early on.

and it's not just boyfriends or girlfriends either...it's everyone, friends, family....I guess I'm just really weird about that sort of thing..I don't involve myself with where and what it doesn't need to be involved in..I stay out of it..I hate drama....and the minute you involve yourself in someone's private area...you've just involved yourself

If I want to know..I'll ask...otherwise..I keep out and I expect you to do the same

and it's not just boyfriends or girlfriends either...it's everyone, friends, family....I guess I'm just really weird about that sort of thing..I don't involve myself with where and what it doesn't need to be involved in..I stay out of it..I hate drama....and the minute you involve yourself in someone's private area...you've just involved yourself

If I want to know..I'll ask...otherwise..I keep out and I expect you to do the same

I want to have your babies........... Doesn't matter who it is...friends, family, significant other. You want to know...ask....don't creep.

I do not read anything of my girlfriends, because I trust her. By the same token, I don't mind if she reads my stuff but she knows that I value my privacy, so as far as I know she doesn't snoop.

If she wants to know something, she should ask me. If I've got a question of her, I ask.

If there is trust established in the relationship, you should have no reason to snoop. I don't worry about my boyfriend because I know he wouldn't do anything like that, I trust him enough to let him have his privacy with Facebook and his phone, etc.

Most people snoop b/c

a. there is no trust.

b. they have been unfaithful and therefore suspect their significant other of the same thing.

Either way, snooping is usually not a good sign.

I wouldn't snoop, myself.

With that said, you put anything on the internet that you don't want to be public knowledge, you'd best understand there's a risk it will be seen by someone you didn't want to see it.

Hence, if you don't want it known, don't put it out there.

It's akin to putting an embarrassing picture of yourself in the front window of your house and saying "boy I hope nobody sees that" :sosp:

Archived