• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is A. Edwards on the wrong side of the ball?

redbuddha

Given that we are short help in the secondary, this kid has speed and athleticism, can we move him to the secondary?

I know its too late at this point in the season, but if they have plans for keeping this kid, because obviously they see something I don't. Lets try to use him the way the Patriots use J. Edelman (also a former College quarterback). Edelman has been on special teams, offense, and defense this season.

I'm not saying that the kid would be a starter, but at least a capable backup.

Educate me!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7268073/new-england-patriots-julian-edelman-shows-versatility

AE needs to go to Canada and be a QB. That's no hate. He is one of the most dynamic qb's I have ever seen in college. He is not a wr. He needs to go and produce and maybe somebody will give him a chance to play qb in the nfl one day. (the moon flutie route). He was probably the best qb on the team last year but never got a chance and never will get a chance unless he goes up north and proves himself.

I apologize if you guys think this was a weak post. Remember, I have to try to watch Panther games over 2nd hand internet, because of my present financial situation. I have only seen 1 Edwards return for big yardage and that was called back. I think that was the Detroit game. I'm just wondering can we get more value from him as a player, than just punt return. I figure if he doesn't find a position this season, he gets cut at the end of the season. It's just like musical chairs. If the Panthers draft that CB from LSU, Edwards will be losing that punt return job.

He has had the most success as the "wildcat" QB, and I think it's fair to see him as a serviceable backup in the QB position. His play at App was similar to Cams, much more so than Pickles (a bigger disappointment than AE IMHO).

He needs to develop more as a WR if the "wildcat" is where they want him to contribute. I see no reason to cut him from the team while he's still in development. Our receiving core is currently strong enough to give a spot for him to develop next year. As for cutting him, that should be decided in 2013.

Archived