• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

williams and stewart next year

DOUBLETROUBLE28

The carries will go to the hot hand just like they did last year, but Williams will still get the majority of the carries. I'll stick with the 55-45/60-40 percent range.

williams got most of the carries because by mid season stewart was nicked up. fox thought it wise to save the rookie for the playoff stretch.

up until mid season, williams had more but only produced marginally better than stewart.

williams got most of the carries because by mid season stewart was nicked up. fox thought it wise to save the rookie for the playoff stretch.

up until mid season, williams had more but only produced marginally better than stewart.

And that's exactly why I think they can match or even exceed last year's numbers: because Williams especially didn't catch fire until midway through the season.

Then again, we're going up against some tough defenses next year.

Williams had 120 Carries going into the bye week while Stewart had 96 carries.

Williams ended up with 273 carries on the season, while Stewart had 183 carries on the season.

Stewart had 92 carries over the last 8 games, 4 less then he did over the first 8. Williams had 153 carries in the last 8 games, 33 more then he did over the first 8. Fox went with the hot hand and the carries were split 55-45/60-40 in just about every game.

And that's exactly why I think they can match or even exceed last year's numbers: because Williams especially didn't catch fire until midway through the season.

Then again, we're going up against some tough defenses next year.

I think they exceed what they did last season as long as Delhomme and the passing attack can keep defenses honest.

Archived