• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A New Living Hell

Skew

Jury Duty. Now don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to do this once. But the timing sucks right now. As an accountant, this is my busiest time. But I'm here and have no control over it.

We are locked in the corner of the courthouse. We have a one channel TV. We cannot leave until lunch (12:30) and afternoon break (3:15). I'm dying for a cig right now. But the hell part is the God Damn coffee machine is broken!!

Fu<k you local government. You can give us TV, free WiFi, computers, and even a game room.

But no fu<king coffee??

Are you kidding me??

No currently elected local official is getting my vote this year.

Bastards!

Yeah, it sucks... last time I was on jury duty was 2000 and I wasn't working for myself then, so idgaf... now it would suck donkey ass to have to miss much time. Too busy...

One of my (only 2 other than me) guys working here got a summons two years ago... I wrote him a letter asking for him to be excused due to our small business and workload and they would only defer him, not excuse him.

I don't mind doing my civic duty, but it shouldn't be such a big burden.

Skew, if you have to go back tomorrow, take a thermos off coffee with you... :D

Skew, if you have to go back tomorrow, take a thermos off coffee with you... :D

I almost did. I didn't expect free WiFi, free computer access, 2 free movies, free popcorn, nor a game room.

But I Expected Coffee!!!

I'm a high school teacher and basketball coach and was called once right in the middle of the season. At the time I was also doing some contract work with DPI, so I was slammed to say the least. I asked to be deferred, and I was....

I was called back during my freaking SPRING BREAK.

Gah!

Archived