• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible new Panthers logo leaked from Nike

dbeat

I'm with ya Rhys, but just by looking at the other NFL gloves the Panthers seemed to have been the only one with a different logo than their 2011 season logo.

Yea, I'm inclined to think that if they create a new logo for the team, it will be used throughout, not just on gloves. Graphic design-wise it makes no sense to have 2 different logos of the same Panther head in your gear. So I'm leaning towards thinking we're getting a complete update based on that logic, (if these designs are legitimate and not just concept art from Nike). But again, I don't know and can't know for sure.

What makes you the expert? Who's to say it is not going to change? How do we know Carolina and the NFL did not approve minor changes to the logo or design? I don't know how you speak as if your statement is factual unless you have some inside connection or info.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/76464-i-guess-we-can-stop-all-that-new-jerseys-talk.html

“Logos are controlled by teams and the NFL,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT by email this morning. “That will not change. Teams have to apply to league to make changes to logos and colors.

“We anticipate new uniform technology (i.e., performance-driven, lighter materials). That’s what Nike’s [Charlie] Denson was referring to in his interview in 2010 regarding changes.”

I'm gonna be nice.

To those saying "it's just gonna be for gloves" I want you to step back and see how stupid that sounds.

This isn't proof we are changing anything, but it's a pretty big piece of evidence.

As for the logo, it isn't terrible, but I hate the blue on the right side. Didn't like the mouth at first, but it isn't bad. I wont get used to the right side. It's too collegey. I think the best part is probably the update on the eyes.

nothing is changing....if Nike were changing the logos...it would already be news.

Buffalo didn't officially reveal their uniform update until like May last year. A Madden trailer at E3 in LA was the first to reveal and it was by mistake.

I don't see how your argument makes sense. The season isn't over yet and Nike hasn't officially taken charge-and nobody said they were changing the logos-but their is evidence to suggest they are changing our logo.

Archived