• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fred Lane video

AZPanther

I know this is a blast from the past but I was talking to a friend who is too young to football to know Fred Lane and his TD dances. This is a long shot but does anyone have clips of this? Especially the one for the fine and then when he did the worm. Couldnt find them on youtube.

Thanks!

i wish i did, fred lane was the reason i became a panthers fan. i remember doing the electric worm in PE after scoring touchdowns. I still rock a Lane jersey on gamedays, but no one knows who he is......

Yeah he was great. I believe our first 1000 yard rusher??? Anyone correct me on this. Fred was great for his endzone dances as was Merton Hanks "funky chicken" when he pulled off a pick 6 which seemed to be almost everygame one season for the 49ers.

I loved to watch Lane play. An amazing athlete, full of fire and heart. His breakout game against Oakland in Charlotte was truly inspiring. Wish his decisions in his personal life were more solid, probably why he was cut.

RIP Fred.

Fred wasn't cut, he was traded to the Colts.

He lived in my neighborhood when he was killed, he was a really nice guy, used to come out and play basketball with me, he was a great father, and a good neighbor, he just had a crazy wife, damn you Deidra.

RIP Freddy.

• 3 years later...

I am a high school coach track coach

I was one of Fred's best friends.. would take him out on long hill runs before the season started am helped him get into the unbelivable shape he was in.

.He was a very down to earth person .He would come and spend the day with my track team and would go with us to meets .The team dedicated a 32 -0 undefeated season track season ( ironically he wore the number 32 the last season he played with the Carolina Panthers. .He literally gave the shirt off his back to kids on my team and taught them to never quit and when some of our members had been told they were to little and two small .They exceed expectation which they had told me they later gave all of credit to Fred for beliving in them and touching their lives. I have footage of Fred doing the worm and his other famous dances .I will look for them and load them.Lots of people did not know but Fred lane would come to 'incolnton /Denver and he raised over $50,000 for the Children's

Miracle Newtork

.He is truely missed .I now have a son who was borned one year after Fred died who we named after Fred .I have shown him videos of Fred and I together and his talented play on the field.He ran with extra odinary power which most of the time took more than one person to bring him down .

. And yes he did have three games over 100 yards rushing. He is still a Icon in our area. Long live Number 32 !!!!!

I used to love to watch Fred run the ball, he reminded me of the cartoons where his legs became wheels. When he got grabbed from behind or run into a pile up or even lifted off the ground his legs were still churning like wheels going around. You might stop him but not his wheels.

2199sef.gif

Archived