• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam: My home will always be in Charlotte

SOJA

Only because JR didnt Dan Gilbert him. Trust if he and the fans start treating and talking to him like a slave/ piece of property he will bounce. Theres a reason Heat fans arent worried about LeBron leaving town.

Dan Gilbert is a huge idiot, and JR is leaps and bounds ahead of him in terms of player relationships

Dan Gilbert is a huge idiot, and JR is leaps and bounds ahead of him in terms of player relationships

Anyone paying attention can see that Cam will do and go wherever is best for Cam. I would be shocked to see him stay in Charlotte beyond his current contract unless he plays as poorly as he did in the probowl which would mean he would not be wanted elsewhere.

Reminds me of this quote:

“I got a goal, and it’s a huge goal, and that’s to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won’t stop until I get it.” LJ

Anyone paying attention can see that Cam will do and go wherever is best for Cam. I would be shocked to see him stay in Charlotte beyond his current contract unless he plays as poorly as he did in the probowl which would mean he would not be wanted elsewhere.

“I got a goal, and it’s a huge goal, and that’s to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won’t stop until I get it.” LJ

Only a Saints fan would think pro-bowl performance is used to evaluate a player... LOL

Run along now little troll.

lol, weak troll is weak

Only because JR didnt Dan Gilbert him. Trust if he and the fans start treating and talking to him like a slave/ piece of property he will bounce. Theres a reason Heat fans arent worried about LeBron leaving town.

Gilbert was so upset precisely because he gave LeBron some power over personnel and felt blindsided (LeBron was the reason Amare was never a Cav, why Jamison *was*, and the Cavs also had trades worked out to bring Bosh to the Cavs as well which, of course, never happened - the Cavs kept trying to add "just one more piece" next to James with his feedback instead of taking a step back and building around him for the long term). There's a reason nobody ever accused Gilbert of treating LeBron like a slave before The Decision, then he went crazy over it because he felt betrayed by him (and Gilbert DID go crazy, lol). For whatever reason they never actually thought LeBron would leave, probably because they were too dumb to realize he isn't the kind of guy (at least at that point) that Kobe, MJ, hell even Wade and Dirk are. He's still a great player, but yeah. He wanted someone else to lean on, and that's understandable. Not everybody has that killer instinct.

As to what all this means... meh. I was never worried about Cam leaving. I don't think he's going to leave. But what he says right now isn't really telling about what he'll do in 5 years or ten years. Remember that James early in his career was all about how great Cleveland was and how it was his home and he'd do anything to bring a championship to Cleveland and wouldn't stop until he had one. I don't think Cam will do this because he isn't the same kind of person that James is and football isn't the same kind of sport as basketball.

Gilbert was so upset precisely because he gave LeBron some power over personnel and felt blindsided (LeBron was the reason Amare was never a Cav, why Jamison *was*, and the Cavs also had trades worked out to bring Bosh to the Cavs as well which, of course, never happened - the Cavs kept trying to add "just one more piece" next to James with his feedback instead of taking a step back and building around him for the long term). There's a reason nobody ever accused Gilbert of treating LeBron like a slave before The Decision, then he went crazy over it because he felt betrayed by him (and Gilbert DID go crazy, lol). For whatever reason they never actually thought LeBron would leave, probably because they were too dumb to realize he isn't the kind of guy (at least at that point) that Kobe, MJ, hell even Wade and Dirk are. He's still a great player, but yeah. He wanted someone else to lean on, and that's understandable. Not everybody has that killer instinct.

As to what all this means... meh. I was never worried about Cam leaving. I don't think he's going to leave. But what he says right now isn't really telling about what he'll do in 5 years or ten years. Remember that James early in his career was all about how great Cleveland was and how it was his home and he'd do anything to bring a championship to Cleveland and wouldn't stop until he had one. I don't think Cam will do this because he isn't the same kind of person that James is and football isn't the same kind of sport as basketball.

You must remember, Cam never really had a place to call home, so to speak. He went to UF but they didn't need him because they had The Golden Calf of Bristol. He left UF and went to Blinn and helped them with the first NC but they were just a stepping stone back to where he needed to be to get to the NFL. He ended up as Auburn, and although he loved that school because they gave him a chance, he knew where his wanted to be. The Panthers is Cam's first real home where he's not only part of a team that needs him, but he's able to settle in and actually call this team home becaue he's where he always wanted to be, the NFL.

Like any other player, especially a QBs, you need players who want to win because the ultimate goal is the SB. If Cam is exerting all this energy and outshining a team that isn't stepping up, then why do you want him to stick around? The goal of every team is to make it to the play-offs and hopefully they SB. Why stick with a team whose mentality is just to collect a paycheck.

Anyway, as we're seeing with Peyton Manning, every player on a team is dispensible. As soon as he faulters, they want to get rid of him.

Still don't understand where people got the idea that he wanted to leave

I don't either! The kid is from College Park Ga. and next to playing for the Falcons the Panthers would be the closest place to home. Playing for the Panthers is so convenient it's not even funny.

The kid landed Gatorade as a Panther, case close.

Archived