• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Controversy Brewing?

Nicbsbll2

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

86511358_d9c867c2e2.jpg

Just take the old ones down and not replace then with the new logos. Wouldn't cost anything besides to pay for the labor.

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

86511358_d9c867c2e2.jpg

I used to work for Lightbulb Depot in Charlotte and let me tell you. If the Panthers wanted to upgrade the signs and all that, the lights they could get from that place would be hella cheap for one reason, actually two. 1. They would want their business so they can provide them exclusively with bulbs for the whole stadium, so it would be very cheap. Trust me, I know the owner. 2. Create a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of deal, quality bulbs at rock bottom prices for tickets, etc etc. They used to have a deal with the Bobcats, I used to run that account, but when I moved on from that place the guy in charge of all maintenance stopped dealing with the company because the guy that took over the account was a douche bag. I laughed, really hard when I heard that.

On a side note, I think you over paid for those signs man.

Every logo on every single flag, sign, banner, beer cup, hot dog wrapper, etc. You don't think that could go into seven figures?

disposable stuff like wrappers and cups are a non-issue. worst case you throw a couple of cases away (and i doubt they'll do that) and wait for the new shipments of stuff with the new logo to come in. it's probably as simple as sending your manufacturer an email with the new image on a file.

personally i would like to see the lowest three rows directly behind the away teams' bench be handed complimentary kazoos.

Our schools are a mess.

If they can give us a Super Bowl it's money well spent.

^ I agree.....our schools are a mess, and at this point in my life I will stand up and say, that throwing more money at them will not help....at some point a kid has to want to learn, and a parent has to be a parent...sorry about the hijack...Go Panthers.

disposable stuff like wrappers and cups are a non-issue. worst case you throw a couple of cases away (and i doubt they'll do that) and wait for the new shipments of stuff with the new logo to come in. it's probably as simple as sending your manufacturer an email with the new image on a file.

personally i would like to see the lowest three rows directly behind the away teams' bench be handed complimentary kazoos.

A couple of cases? Are you kidding me.

Anyone who says this change will not cost millions at the stadium has no idea how much this stuff costs.

Archived