• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is John Fox's seat still hot?

top dawg

The Panthers have had a modicum of success this year (after a couple of brutal years). I realistically believe that the jury is still out, but I believe that the only way Fox ensures his job is to take the Panthers bowling. I do question whether it would make sense to let the man go if we fall short however. But, then again how many years do you give someone to get over the hump before you just kick them off the side of the hill? Is this Fox's last stand? Talent abounds with our Carolina Panthers. Now, it's all about the execution. Will Fox and company finally push the players to glory? If not, then how do you justify keeping a long-lived Fox, or nuking the Fox-hole (i.e., Fox, Davidson, T-Vac, etc.) after such a turnaround?

I've always supported Fox, and will always support him as long as he is our head coach. It would be a major disappointment, however, if we don't make the playoffs. I don't know how much sense it makes to fire a coach (a la Marty Schottenheimer) who takes you into the playoffs.

Marty Hurney has done a great job bringing in people that suit the Panther's style of football and John Fox's style of football...which wasn't exactly the case for the last couple years.

Hopefully we don't even have to have this debate at season's end.

The Panthers have had a modicum of success this year (after a couple of brutal years). I realistically believe that the jury is still out, but I believe that the only way Fox ensures his job is to take the Panthers bowling. I do question whether it would make sense to let the man go if we fall short however. But, then again how many years do you give someone to get over the hump before you just kick them off the side of the hill? Is this Fox's last stand? Talent abounds with our Carolina Panthers. Now, it's all about the execution. Will Fox and company finally push the players to glory? If not, then how do you justify keeping a long-lived Fox, or nuking the Fox-hole (i.e., Fox, Davidson, T-Vac, etc.) after such a turnaround?

Our owner is looking for a new heart, for his life. You really think his coach getting to 10-3 is on the hot seat?...

it was and he jumped. first sign was draft day when he and hurney traded picks to get otah. that was a bold move not made by an unmotivated coach/gm. everything was riding on what they could do this year so thdey put next year at risk. gamble paid off so far.

The Panthers have had more than a modicum of success this year. Hurney and Fox took a bunch of chances this year revamping the offensive line, dumping some vets that could still be productive (Jenkins, Foster, Wahle, etc) and mortgaged the farm on 2 first round draft picks, a former 1st rounder who struggled for the past 2 years, kept Peppers after a terrible year and on and on.

From where I sit they look like geniuses as almost all of their gambles have paid off in spades. We have the best record in our franchise history, are still in contention for the first seed in the conference by winning the next 3 games.

Like it or hate it, Fox just won a couple of more years no matter how the rest of the season goes.

Unless the Panthers completely implode, lose three in a row in ugly fashion and John Fox pulls his pants down and moons the fans - John Fox is not going anywhere.

For me I feel much better with the Panthers ability to draft based on the talent they seem to be getting production from via players that have been drafted. So I also do not see Hurney and the rest of the staff going anywhere either.

Archived