• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins trade up to #2

Reapuh

Quite the bounty to move up 4 slots in the 1st round. And RG3s cost will be 3 1st round picks and a 2nd.

Rams very lucky as they have Bradford and have no need for a QB.

Now in the next 3 years they'll be adding 5 1st round picks and 4 2nds to their roster with the extra 2 1sts and the 2nd. And only moved down from 2nd to 6th in this draft. Very nice indeed.

Jeff Fisher must literally be doing cartwheels.

You look at it as 4 spots... I see it from their stand point as franchise QB. Cleveland will continue to suck and be another one of the countless teams in search for a QB and never being consistent since they don't have a consistent stud at that position.

Saying it cost them 3 picks paints a picture worst than it really is... Every body use 1 pick to draft a player... so really it's just an additional 2 1sr rounds they are giving up for him. Honestly is I was a wahington Fan I would be happy..

They tried drafting QB's, trading for QB's, QB Free agenta, nothing work so they lose. If RG III makes them a winner it is worth it... I mean what does first round picks mean of you have no QB and always lose???

What if the Panthers won a few more games with Clausen in 2010 and we made this same trade to get into position to get Cam last year. Probably worth it having watched Cam this year, but I would have hated it at the time.

I thought about that...all we had to do was lose 14 games to get a franchise QB. The Redskins just got scalped....

too soon?

They aren't getting 3 #1s guys, they are getting two additional future #1s. They are just switching up a few spots this year, so really two additional #1s and other picks.

You look at it as 4 spots... I see it from their stand point as franchise QB. Cleveland will continue to suck and be another one of the countless teams in search for a QB and never being consistent since they don't have a consistent stud at that position.

Saying it cost them 3 picks paints a picture worst than it really is... Every body use 1 pick to draft a player... so really it's just an additional 2 1sr rounds they are giving up for him. Honestly is I was a wahington Fan I would be happy..

They tried drafting QB's, trading for QB's, QB Free agenta, nothing work so they lose. If RG III makes them a winner it is worth it... I mean what does first round picks mean of you have no QB and always lose???

I uinderstand what you're saying my point is:

Redskins cost for 1 player (Rg3) is 3 1sts and a 2nd

Rams receive for moving down 4 slots 2 1sts and a 2nd.

It is what it is.

Either way most of us here should understand the trade.... Look at Carolina from 2010 to 2011 from really just 1 player. We should all understand the high value of a franchise QB in the NFL today!!!

Also would you rather Cam and not first round picks for 2 years, or maybe a WR last year, DT this year, and another random position the following year?

Archived