• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Dream) Trade

SOJA

I had a dream last night (bear with me this is kind of an interesting scenario) in which Andrew Luck was in a Bengals jersey throwing a touchdown pass to AJ Green. It got me thinking. Would the Colts trade the number one to Cincy for picks with Andy Dalton. Let's look at the draft value numbers

http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html

Colts: #1 overall 30000

Bengals: #17 overall 950

#21 800

#53 370

Future #1 900 (approximately)

total points equals=3020

The points are about equal so the trade would be the #1 overall for Andy Dalton with the #17, 21, and 53 and a future first.

At first it sounds crazy for both sides, but let's step back from your internet rage to consider.

The Colts have A LOT of holes. If the Colts believe think Dalton flashed enough promise after one year, you could stack your team with three first round home-runs.

Second why would the Bengals do this? They sacrifice so much and already have a good thing going with the Red Rifle yadda yadda. Andrew Luck with AJ Green for the next ten years, you sacrifice three first rounders, one of which you robbed from the Raiders (and oh yea they are still going to have a first rounder in the 2013 from that same trade) for that combo.

discuss. and no, "no" or "shut the fug up Panthers8192" are not acceptable answers.

The Bengals aren't trading a promising second year player for a rookie. You don't trade 3 first for a QB when you already have a good young one

because you are basically using your first rounder on "the most sure-fire prospect of the last decade"

personally i dream about ass, titties, threeways with brazillian supermodels. sh*t like that.

the cincinatti bengals putting together a trade package equal to the draft value chart to move up and get their top prospect? not so much

misc-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Cincinatti did very well and made the playoffs with Dalton last year. They feel they are set at QB. You don't mortgage the farm to pick up a draft choice who hasn't taken a snap in the NFL unless you are redskins and the future prospects look very bleak. Sure Luck could be amazing or he could be no better than Dalton going forward. In any case you don't trade a sure thing for a maybe unless the upside of the maybe is so much better than the sure thing that it is worth the risk. In this case it isn't even close IMO.

Archived