• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme has new deal

jbland

Bleh, I was hoping it'd be more like 3-4 million. Kinda sucks that we couldn't squeeze out more from the deal. The official number isn't out yet though, so that estimate can easily be off.

Not really, I was expecting between 2-3 million in savings, the only money they could touch was his base salary and that was only 5.6 million or so. He's not going to have his salary drop too far down on the season.

I hate the guy but he's probably close on how much we saved with Jake's Extension.

Link

Pat Yasinskas: Haven't seen the exact breakdown of the Delhomme contract yet, but I'm hearing the Panthers freed up a little more than $2 million in cap space with the move. That puts them about $5 million under the cap. The probably need about $3 million just to be able to sign their draft picks, so don't get your hopes up for a sudden spending spree. That's not going to happen unless the Panthers unload Peppers and his $17 million cap hit.

As I recall, "joke journalist" Darin Gantt posted on his blog a while back that it wasn't about the cap.

Their was alot of people hollering 6 million yesterday. We are not done because no way we dont pick up some free agents and right now all we have is enough to sign the draft picks.

I know right? Suddenly even those people have disappeared that claimed it was going to save us $6 mil.

I know right? Suddenly even those people have disappeared that claimed it was going to save us $6 mil.

People who thought that were misinformed or foolish, maybe both. You can't save what the guy isn't making salary wise and he was only making 5.6 million or so, 2 million off that means he's making 3.6 million salary this season and has around a 8.8 million or so cap hit.

Stafford just got 41 million dollars guaranteed from the Lions and has never thrown a pass in the NFL.

Perspective FTW.

Hopefully he suceeds for them, which I doubt he will. They should have gone OT with the first pick and DL with the second pick and got the QB next year. Oh well.

Lions are dumbasses.

Couldn't agree with that statement anymore. 42 Million Guaranteed and a 80 million dollar contract overall without a NFL snap......... Is Millen still working there.... lol

does jake really deserve more $$$ per year than Tom Brady?

That will change very shortly, plus Jake's been making more then him for a year or so. Brady's contract is still small comparatively speaking. That will change next year.

Brady doesn't make a Super amount of money because he plays for a team whose coach is better than any of it's players at what they do.

That team has had star after star on it, and they don't really pay out, when you go to NE you go for the chance to get some rings, not the money.

It doesnt matter how you cut it. This is a terrible deal. There better not be any real "fan" on the board who is not upset with the multiple terrible games Jake has over the years. He is pretty much good for five or six a year.

Heres the bottom line at the age of 35 we could have paided him 11m this coming year and been able to walk away at the end of the year if he were to preform as he typically does. Now if he plays the same you need to add another 9m to that number just to get free of him. So we spent 20m just to free up 4-5m this year in cap space. This is a typical panther deal and the reason we are always teettering at the cap.

Archived