• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

MJ is doing great in my opinion. I've been to games before MJ and after. I've seen a 100% turn around in general atmosphere, from the Lady Cats to the party vibe going on in the arena regardless of the f***kary on the floor.

MJ really deserves our support. He is an NC guy and our most famous.

He deserves this chance. He even loved the Hornets enough to try and buy the team from Shinn. If there was a name change MJ would be the perfect person to do it. For him it would be a win win.

Mj is doing great locally because his "celebrity" is more likeable and tolerable to Charlotte. As for the product on the floor, hes done nothing. Mj regularly gets ripped NATIONALLY as an owner. Wins and losses, we had more Ws when Bob was here, and more talent. MJ has yet to open his wallet and is turning TWC Arena into a glamorized Jumpman Outlet rather a place where competitive bball is,played. Our fans nationally could care less about "the politics of Charlotte", they only care about the product on the floor.

The ONLY reason the "national" media talks about the Bobcats is MJ. Any publicity is good publicity at this point. They would find a way to rip him regardless.

He just became the owner and was smart enough to hire Cho so I'll give him a pass for now. Our next couple moves with Cho may be the beginning of a lasting turnaround.

For those who are posting in this thread who don't quite know or understand what the Hornets meant to this city whether it's because they didn't live here or because they are too young, I have a few things to say about what that team meant to Charlotte.

This team LED THE NBA IN ATTENDANCE FOR NINE STRAIGHT SEASONS.

As others have said, LJ and Zo were legitimate NBA superstars. Larry Johnson was a Dwayne Wade-type star who was only known by those who knew about basketball, but he was a top 5 or top 10 figure in the NBA during his time in Charlotte. Zo was an up and coming name and didn't necessarily reach his elite level untill he was in Miami, but he was the 1st pick in the draft, and everyone knew and recognized him. Muggsy Bouges, Bobby Phills, Vlade Divac, and of course, Charlotte's last superstar, Baron Davis, were other well known superstars that played for the Hornets.

Charlotte was a team that consistently made the playoffs in the 90s and was incredibly well supported and loved by this city. The atmosphere and the signiature things that happened at the Hive (Buzzing, Hugo, Noises after players scored, chants, etc.) were things that the Bobcats never even tried to recreate. The Bobcats have never given Charlotte a reason to go, the atmosphere at TWC Arena is just so boring compared to what the old Coliseum gave.

Watch this video, and if you're like me and were a young guy in his 20s who was die hard in the Hornet's heyday, it'll bring a tear to your eye if you haven't already seen it:

My point for writing this long ass post is that if the Bobcats can do something like change the name and make this team refreshing and fun, THE PEOPLE WILL COME. They did it for years. I'm not saying it has to be the Hornets, but this city did and could love the NBA.

The Bobcats had no problem selling out games and the playoffs in 2010. A name change wont do anything. Hold on to those memories of the Hive, cuz theyll never play in Charlotte again ever

20 years from now we can reminisce on attendance yecords, hearing "who let the dogs out" 50 million times, and 1st round exits, while the Bobs represent us NOW and BEYOND. these kids today never saw thre Hornets play and could care less.

By the way, George Shinn wanted the Hornets to be called the Charlotte Spirit ... and the City of Charlotte said NO and suggested the name Hornets... it really IS Charlotte's name...

I'm all for the B**cats rebranding back to the Hornets. If Jordan wants to start his own path with the NBA in Charlotte than the Flight would be much better as well...if the team's going to be linked to our owner, it might as well be Michael (and it has state-wide connection) and not Mr. Bob Johnson

B**cats was a fail from the beginning, and it's shown in the 8 years of business...

Time for change, or this franchise WILL fail and the Bobcats will end up being the SuperSonics...

Yeah, I was there... actually ... like the very last row... it was against the Raptors I BEElieve?

Yeh, I was there too. It was an incredible night. RIP Bobby Phills

Edit: That video gave me chills, I was there for a lot of those moments, and if I wasn't, I was watching on TV. I miss having the good old Hornets here. I was a kid at the time, but I remember when that italian guy came and sang the national anthem and I was amazed. Jeez, we really need a team this city can finally get behind.

Archived