• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers staying? Not necessarily.

Mr. Scot

So let me get this straight. Our DTs are weak, we have a rookie starting at one DE spot, and some you guys still want Peppers gone in order to gain a 1st rounder for next year and/or a FA who doesn't know the system, ultimately making our DL weaker than last year when we were supposed to improve on it since it was our weakest area on the whole team?

So let me get this straight. Our DTs are weak, we have a rookie starting at one DE spot, and some you guys still want Peppers gone in order to gain a 1st rounder for next year and/or a FA who doesn't know the system, ultimately making our DL weaker than last year when we were supposed to improve on it since it was our weakest area on the whole team?

Ok, so if Pep stays then what was the point of drafting Brown?

Charles Johnson is more than capable of doing that

Yes I think Johnson > Brayton, but we gave up a 1st rounder for Brown. Obviously they think highly of him and first rounders don't sit on the bench. Peppers and Brown > Johnson and Brown. I thought we wanted to improve our line. We just did it. Now you want to make it worse than last year again?

I really don't think that Scottie's feelings will be hurt if Pep returns.

Wouldn't bother me at all.

It's not what I expect to happen, but I'd definitely be okay with it.

As to the DT issue, I'd say don't be surprised if we see DeWayne Robertson or Darwin Walker picked up soon.

Peppers isn't going anywhere, his agent phucked him.

Peppers will resign long term with the Panthers now that he sees he doesn't carry near the value Carey convinced him he did.

Peppers is a weird dude Im really not sure whats next for him. Hell I can see him stay as much as I can see him sitting out for a year. The dude has a mean poker face.

I don't see CJ as a great pass rusher. He can get his sacks from time to time, but in a passing situation I rather have a guy constantly applying pressure on the QB, even if he doesn't get the sack. I think that's what the FO sees in Brown. I agree with it too, the key to winning in key situations is pressure and good QB play. Last year I wouldn't be comfortable with a 4 man rush after the 2 minute warning. Pep pretty much had to do everything himself. I like what we have now. Just look at the giants when they drafted Kiwinuka out of college. 'You can never have too many pass rushers'. Sure worked out for them.

Archived