• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets Take A Look Back At The Huddles Opinion On Drafting Cam Before The Draft

malik

I thought we were either going to draft Cam, or go get a veteran QB and draft A.J Green. I made posts saying that Cam could rely on his scrambling ability his rookie season and roast defenses alive, and fans came back at me saying that wouldn't work at the NFL level.

I take JOAT's opinion on anything with a grain of salt because it's usually way off base and wrong. Take a look at this gem:

So about those rational thoughts...

What's funny is he gets mad for getting called out at the end lol.

lol he said "Plus, we can't afford for him to sit and learn while transitioning from RB to QB." Its so ridiculous, it almost borders racism. You see a black QB who can run and you say "he's a glorified running back and cant throw"

thank god hurney had balls.

I was for Fairley right after the National Championship game, but remember making the switch to Cam fairly quickly. All it took was for me to look at a previous game with Clausen starting. I said right after that, we gotta draft Cam lol. Been on the Cam wagon ever since, and hopefully it rolls on for 12-16 years!

I thought we were either going to draft Cam, or go get a veteran QB and draft A.J Green. I made posts saying that Cam could rely on his scrambling ability his rookie season and roast defenses alive, and fans came back at me saying that wouldn't work at the NFL level.

But in all honesty, he didn't rely on his scrambling ability.

I was for Fairley right after the National Championship game, but remember making the switch to Cam fairly quickly. All it took was for me to look at a previous game with Clausen starting. I said right after that, we gotta draft Cam lol. Been on the Cam wagon ever since, and hopefully it rolls on for 12-16 years!

Man I was on Cams wagon from the start just cause "he wasn't jimmy" I cant believe these dudes wanted us to stick with Clausen some more. Dude had the worst NFL season ever! There was just no reason logical reason to not draft a QB, and we didnt even have a 2nd round pick.

But in all honesty, he didn't rely on his scrambling ability.

He was better than I though he would be at being a true QB his rookie season. That really caught me off guard, I was stunned that he could actually go through his progressions and make the right throw. I thought he would just mostly scramble to by time and get first downs when he had trouble running the show. Turns out Weinke had really done a great job with him during the offseason.

It's funny I also evaluated his throwing ability before the draft, gave him a glowing review, and fans attacked me saying things like "Kiper had better watch out for you, using youtube videos.." crap like that lol. Not saying youtube can be used for a proper evaluation of anything, but just to show how fans were thinking at the time. Being positive about Cam didn't come with a warm reception.

I had to support Cam (and his mentor) many a day from baseless speculation based upon a guy who wouldn't reveal sources akin to the tooth fairy. I'll just leave it at that.

Cam's anthem should be "Back Then" by Mike Jones. Someone here needs to make a hilight video ASAP!

I knew the instant luck decided to stay cam was our man and wanted him instead of luck. I was called crazy then and im called crazy now .my gut is a genius and i give it all the credit. i actually was happy luck stayed cause for some gutty reason i like what cam brings to our team instead of luck. In RR i trust.

Archived