• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chantix May Kill Me

Johnny Rockets

dude...nicorette gum..fug chantix...seriously..fug it right in the butt...

and you and I both know if you're not ready and don't really wanna quit, it's not gonna happen..

wanna meet for some drinks and smokes later??

Smokes and drinks always sounds good. I need to get down that way one day after work when you are headed out.

I went to a bar a couple of days ago and was there for about 30 mins before I decided it was best to leave because of my attitude and I am always happy bar guy. Going to take the stuff through this weekend then put the smokes down and go to half doses through next week. Promised my daughter I would quit so i need to focus on that because breaking a promise to her is not an option.

Cold turkey - based on what I went thru when I quit, sounds easier than chantrix, and cheaper.

Gotta get your mind in the right place or nothing will work.

Cold turkey - based on what I went thru when I quit, sounds easier than chantrix, and cheaper.

Gotta get your mind in the right place or nothing will work.

Agreed...it's a mindset thing and I am not sure I am ready. I was last time. Fug it...come Monday I am putting them down and we will see what happens. My insurance actually picked up the cost of the Chantix 100% this time around though which surprised me because my insurance is nothing compared to what it once was.

Well have a good weekend everyone and if you see me out anywhere, go the other way for your own good.........like most of you already do anyway.

I know a couple that had each smoked 1.5 packs each day for over thirty years. Both of them went on Chantix and after two weeks decided they would rather endure the natural pains and withdrawls than continue to endure the side effects of Chantix. Hell, maybe Chantix is actually designed to work this way.

May seem counter productive, but if you're not ready to quit and just want the nicotine use Snus. Camel Frost is what I use. It's the beyotch version of dip and easy to use anytime. I've never been addicted to smoking, but I've known it help more than a few people quit smoking so maybe it can help you. Of course, you're replacing one form of tobacco with another, but it seems Snus would be easier to quit/is safer they say.

Archived