• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chantix May Kill Me

Johnny Rockets

So I decided that it is time to quit smoking again and started taking Chantix almost 2 weeks ago. So far I have cussed out my boss, a couple girls that I know, a good friend, went ballistic on a conference call that I was running and then disconnected everyone, and decided to quit playing nice with my ex and let the courts handle it all. Not one of those things is a good decision on my part but I am not known for making good decisions anyway. Oh yeah and the girl I am seeing was very understanding at first and I told her what to expect but I am pretty sure she has had enough and I don't blame her nor do I seem to give a fug.

This is my second go around on this stuff and the last time was about 6 years ago. Seems the side affects are much worse. I hate people, no sex drive whatsoever, headache every day for 2 weeks now, dreams that make you wake up 3 -4 times a night in cold sweats, throwing up every morning, ran 3-4 redlights because I zone out, etc. I am thankful I am not one of those people that has taken the stuff and walked out windows of 30 story buildings in their sleep or woke up to find a bloody butcher knife in their hand with their favorite pet dog dead in front of them but I sure can understand how it happens.

Thanks for letting me vent. You may just have saved someone's life. And boys and girls.....don't smoke, it's terrible and so not worth it.

The End

May not be for you.

Try cold turkey.

I don't have that will power. In fact, I am worried that I am going through this and really don't want to quit yet which means I won't.

I just realized how fitting my avatar is. I may start a fight club this weekend. Might help relieve some tension. Who wants in?

I don't have that will power. In fact, I am worried that I am going through this and really don't want to quit yet which means I won't.

I just realized how fitting my avatar is. I may start a fight club this weekend. Might help relieve some tension. Who wants in?

Me. But, well, you know...the first rule...

my MIL was using that poo while she was living with my wife and i... she's already a fuging bitch, but it was insane while she was using that stuff

still smokes like a fuging chimney too... and is offended by people who are able to quit (or at least slow down) their smoking

Drugs that block receptors in your brain can't be good for you.

Love these stories and they are some of the more tame ones:

Debbie wrote:

Well, it has certainly been a "trip" to say the least. My whole life has changed and not exactly for the better. I have had bazzar thoughts. Nothing I felt like taking action on, but wild stuff. Like, one morning after eating a bowl of cereal, I thought "I should pour this left over milk into the toaster"! Crap! I don't know!! When I drink beers, I have blank spots in my evening. I have never done this before Chantix. Thought about driving off of the highway for no aparent reason. Didn't think of getting hurt or wanting to hurt myself, it was just a real thought. I was completely fine before Chantix. I can't concentrate anymore. I use to be a very organized person. I've almost lost my job due to anger outburst. Hopefully this will be out of my system soon! I really do not like myself right now. but I'm Not Smokin!!!!

For me Chantix is doing the job, although I've been on it for only 7days now. The dreams are crazy and vivid. Last night I had a few beers, and this morning I was awakened by my wife. She was freaking out, and wanted to know how long our 3 month year old was sleeping out on the sunporch. The last thing I remember is putting him in his crib. So I must have slept walked with my boy!!! Crazy!! I may discontinue the med, gonna see if it happends again. If it was winter time the situation could have been deadly!

Have you tried wellbutrin? Was originally used for smoking cessation, and doubles as a depression/anxiety medication. Might be the better route for you.

Heard a lot of negatives about Chantix. A lot of weird stuff like vivid nightmares and sweating.

Yeah, I was on that while going through the whole seperation thing to help keep my head straight. Did nothing to curb my urge to smoke but under the circumstances, I don't think that was going to happen anyway.

Archived