• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

you fine young males probably swap spit like you swap pie too

at least KT and I aren't so insecure that we have to pie each other over and over and over in order to feel legitimate in our concerns

So the 2 remaining B**Cats brand loyalists are:

1) An antagonist race-baiter

2) A potty-mouthed homophobe

Quite a coalition you guys are building there! :D

(Non-KT Mods: isn't there a way to delete specific posts as opposed to locking the entire thread? These 2 are clearly just trying to shut another one of these down.)

@PSC, we've never had a problem before this thread that I can recall. I just find it ridiculous that at least two posters who I've co-existed with for YEARS on the Bobcats board, not even including the other sections of this board (which I've been a member of since the beginning), have resorted to this behavior just because they don't agree with it.

It truly is childish.

Throwing insults of disloyalty, questions of fandom, personal jabs, etc., are just meant as ploys to derail and undermine the true issue being discussed.

If you don't like it, which you don't, we get it. But how does calling people names and insulting them change what has taken place or what will take place?

No one wants to take this question I guess.

At the time, they were the first and only major pro sports franchise in the Carolinas....so yes, the newness played a huge part in the sellouts. All of that changed when Alonzo got traded and the Panthers and Hurricanes came. If the name, mascot, "heritage" and colors are all so important, where was this grandiose movement to have the Hornets come back into existence when we had a second go-round of an NBA franchise?

KT's post trolling hard on Bobcatsplanet yesterday:

"Catch the buzz" does not support the Bobcats. Their a tiny vocal grassroots movement built on the premise of erasing Bob Johnson and the Bobcats from Charlotte's memory. To them the Bobcats name represents Bob Johnson and upward mobility in our community' date=' so by their logic, it shouldnt be a part of NC. Its a very close minded, bitter, anti-diversity mentality because I dont see catch the buzz attempting to gentrify any other NC sports team into the Hornets. This is only gonna get uglier and uglier, and the people involved in catch the buzz are not gonna come up smelling roses. So again, Bobcats fans with little to no faith, please jump off now and join these guys. John Morgan and his cronies come to Bobcat games and tell people to cheer for the Hornets. They arent Bobcat fans. Just simple minded people from the Carolinas with too much time on their hands. Ask John Morgan where he was at in 2003 when we came up with our franchise?[/quote']

Wow. What a surprise. More race baiting.

Now my post that you said failed the sarcasm test:

May want to recalibrate the old sarcasm meter PSC.

I am a proud Charlottean and grew up as one of the biggest Hornets fans ever, I remember my mom taking me to my first game as a 12 year old and loving every minute of it. I personally want the Hornets name back because I think it belongs here in Charlotte, and the fond memories that it brings back. My wife and I went on one of our first dates to a Hornets game because her dad had season tickets and it was great. We got to know the beer guy in our section and every time we went to get a beer he knew exactly what we wanted and had it waiting on us. I don't think the majority of the people who want the name back hate Bob Johnson, or they are racist, I think it's because we all have such fond memories of the Hornets and we grew up with that as our first professional team in our backyard. The race card being played here is ridiculous since we still have a black owner. Bob Johnson made some very bad business decisions from the start that made it hard for some to support the team, like CSET. You could only see the games on CSET so you completely cut out about half your fanbase which didn't sit well with fans.

@PSC, we've never had a problem before this thread that I can recall. I just find it ridiculous that at least two posters who I've co-existed with for YEARS on the Bobcats board, not even including the other sections of this board (which I've been a member of since the beginning), have resorted to this behavior just because they don't agree with it.

It truly is childish.

Throwing insults of disloyalty, questions of fandom, personal jabs, etc., are just meant as ploys to derail and undermine the true issue being discussed.

If you don't like it, which you don't, we get it. But how does calling people names and insulting them change what has taken place or what will take place?

if you take it personally then that's on you. i can disagree with someone on an issue without taking it personally. when i throw out blanket insults, generally the only people insulted by it are the ones it applies to

So the 2 remaining B**Cats brand loyalists are:

1) An antagonist race-baiter

2) A potty-mouthed homophobe

Quite a coalition you guys are building there! :D

(Non-KT Mods: isn't there a way to delete specific posts as opposed to locking the entire thread? These 2 are clearly just trying to shut another one of these down.)

so anti-censorship only applies to the circle jerkers, not the opposition. way to be a hypocrite

Archived