• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prometheus

twylyght

Are you guys serious? It's a terrible film. Visually it's excellent, but you could drive a truck through the plot holes and the acting is awful. Cliched, flat characters. Did anyone really give a fug when they started dying off? No? That's because they weren't developed beyond "This is the science guy. This is the captain".

A massive disappointment considering the director (although he's not made a good film for a while) and the hype.

Are you guys serious? It's a terrible film. Visually it's excellent, but you could drive a truck through the plot holes and the acting is awful. Cliched, flat characters. Did anyone really give a fug when they started dying off? No? That's because they weren't developed beyond "This is the science guy. This is the captain".

A massive disappointment considering the director (although he's not made a good film for a while) and the hype.

You're really the only one that hasn't liked it.

You really wanted a huge explanation for minor characters? It's clear the main characters were Elizabeth and David. Vickers, the Captain, the other engineers were just pawns. This is clearly the beginning of a new franchise.

You're really the only one that hasn't liked it.

You really wanted a huge explanation for minor characters? It's clear the main characters were Elizabeth and David. Vickers, the Captain, the other engineers were just pawns. This is clearly the beginning of a new franchise.

The only one......on here? It's being panned globally. Elizabeth, David, Vickers, t'Captain - they're all one dimensional.

If you can't see that the script was atrocious then I can't help you.

spectacular visually

i agree with the criticism of the characters fitting neatly into stereotypical depthless roles. as with most movies where people are getting killed off, this one failed to bring any attachment to the characters, so watching them die sparked no sorrow or disappointment. just another handful of popcorn. the fascinating philosophical undertones were really the only thing that kept my interest piqued to be honest

The only one......on here? It's being panned globally. Elizabeth, David, Vickers, t'Captain - they're all one dimensional.

If you can't see that the script was atrocious then I can't help you.

Don't want your 'help' I thought it was a very good film. And I will not change my view on it. If I would have listened to some of you that said "it sucks!" I would have missed out on a good film.

People are saying this movie was supposed to be an amazing sci fi film but the previews I saw in theaters and TV made it look like a loud horror flick. Bad marketing approach in my opinion. I never even considered going to see this based on the previews so I was surprised to see people so passionate about it on the internet.

the characters did feel one dimensional, but overall I liked it despite that. I feel like about half way through it got a bit weaker, not sure why...

I tend to agree, when the movie started and prior to the ship landing on the planet I thought the film had so much potential but did leave the theater disappointed. Again, never have been a big fan of that genre movie so that is probably the reason why.

I saw it last night.

I thought it was an outstanding movie, the kind of movie you discuss for an hour after you leave.

There was alot left to ponder after the credits rolled, that was done intentionally.

My theory on the birth of the human race... [spoiler in white] is that the alien in the beginning was guilty of some crime, he was exiled to earth hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Why else would he be alone and unclothed as he sees the spacecraft leave him behind.

He was given a small container of the bio weapon that he could use to take his own life with if he chose to.

The bio weapon is so deadly it even destroys its victim at a genetic level, but somehow the genetic destruction wasn't complete due to the waterfall.

This accidentally led to the birth of the human race, an unintentional side effect of the banishment of an alien criminal.

When the superior race learns of our existance, they seek to correct the error.

I still have no theory on how ancient civilizations knew of the solar system where the bio weapons were being produced to eradicate us, I'm betting this will be answered in the sequel(s)

Overall, I enjoyed the movie though found myself slighly disappointed by the direction the story took - not that it was "bad" per se, but it wasn't hat I was hoping for. Maybe I missed something, but here's what I don't get:

Why did all of the engineers just go into hypersleep? If they were supposedly charting a course for Earth, weren't they on the bridge and ready to roll? Why not just go?

Also, I thought the whole "Weyland is on board" subplot was lame. Who cares? That really had no bearing on the overall story IMO except to perhaps call David's motives into question, but I just really didn't care... felt like a tacked-on twist. I think they would have been perfectly fine had the reveal been something like the company programmed him to experiment and learn what he could in the name of research.

That said, I'm going to see it again here in a couple of weeks and hope to pick up on some new stuff. Looking forward to the next installment.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie though found myself slighly disappointed by the direction the story took - not that it was "bad" per se, but it wasn't hat I was hoping for. Maybe I missed something, but here's what I don't get:

Why did all of the engineers just go into hypersleep? If they were supposedly charting a course for Earth, weren't they on the bridge and ready to roll? Why not just go?

Also, I thought the whole "Weyland is on board" subplot was lame. Who cares? That really had no bearing on the overall story IMO except to perhaps call David's motives into question, but I just really didn't care... felt like a tacked-on twist. I think they would have been perfectly fine had the reveal been something like the company programmed him to experiment and learn what he could in the name of research.

That said, I'm going to see it again here in a couple of weeks and hope to pick up on some new stuff. Looking forward to the next installment.

Well it did take the crew to get there 2 years or so, from what I remember.(david said something about spending 2 years learning every language in the universe while they slept). Maybe it would have taken them that long to get there or eve if it was half the time it would still be a year. Makes sense to go into hyper sleep.

As far as Weyland being on board, it makes perfect sense since he did mention he wanted to live forever. Which is why this whole mission was launched in the first place.

I did see the whole Vickers/Weyland father/daughter thing coming though. Kinda wish there was a little more detail as to why she was so cold towards her father. I also didn't like that she was killed off. =(

Archived