• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess Who: "this Guy" Is The Highest Paid Player In The League, And You Have Probably Never Heard Of Him

Brokenbad

Ha D-Lo is still in his prime; you talk like his best is behind him. You don't think D-Lo will restructure his contract maybe as soon as after the 2012 season?

I trust Marty's "Salary-cap genius"

Um, he is a 29 yr old RB......his best is behind him. He may have another prime year left but NFL history regardless of usage shows 30 is a good age mark for air deflating from the tires of RBs

No, Williams has no reason to restructure anytime soon.

he's the latest white noise shitposter on this board. now that they don't have john fox to be pissed off about anymore they've switched over to marty hurney

signing bonuses are prorated btw. the number looks big but the cap hit is not.

Charles Johnson's cap hit is 11 million, btw.

Um, he is a 29 yr old RB......his best is behind him.

No, Williams has no reason to restructure anytime soon.

I would be willing to bet that D-Lo will restructure after this season, if it means we can keep Stew. I know this is a business and their lively hood, but these guys are close. We're building a franchise here that makes players want to stay/come here. Smitty is just the first to say he wants to retire a Panther!

Love CJ...glad we kept him...but Hurney is a moron. Sorry but for CJ to be worth that kind of contract he better hit 12+ sacks an be a force every year from now until the end of his contract.

I don't dislike the CJ contract but we could have had Johnathan Joseph if other contracts had been better managed...

signing bonuses still count against our cap

He isn't being paid that much THIS year, that was last year, hence why the thread title is a bit deceptive.

Still a shitload of money, why front-load a guy who hasn't been consistent? That's the kind of money you pay Jared Allen, Osi Umeniorya or any other CONSISTENT pass-rusher.

NFL contracts always go up with time. Just wait for the next big DE contract. It'll dwarf CJ's. Allen also is getting twice CJ's salary next year. We also could NOT afford to lose CJ... but we could afford to overpay him.

I would be willing to bet that D-Lo will restructure after this season, if it means we can keep Stew. I know this is a business and their lively hood, but these guys are close. We're building a franchise here that makes players want to stay/come here. Smitty is just the first to say he wants to retire a Panther!

Why would he restructure?

Is this the part will you tell me Williams is going to do what is in Carolina's best interest bc he loves playing here......gives us a discount basically? Stewart wants to get paid.

Why would he restructure?

Is this the part will you tell me Williams is going to do what is in Carolina's best interest bc he loves playing here......gives us a discount basically? Stewart wants to get paid.

You don't have to take less money to restructure. You just basically turn over the money yet-to-be-paid into a new contract with a big signing bonus that spreads the cap hit over the contract. We do it every season.

And for everyone on CJ's case, you do realize that sack numbers fluctuate wildly and that he's also a damn fine edge run defender, right? He gives full effort every down, and that's worth a lot by itself.

Love CJ...glad we kept him...but Hurney is a moron. Sorry but for CJ to be worth that kind of contract he better hit 12+ sacks an be a force every year from now until the end of his contract.

I don't dislike the CJ contract but we could have had Johnathan Joseph if other contracts had been better managed...

Yep.....could of had Joseph if we paid CJ, Williams, TD, Anderson, Godfrey etc......what we should of. All got bigger contracts than they should of....

let's compare to the guys you mentioned then

hali's cap hit will be $14,250,000 next year

allen's will be $14,203,183

the site i looked at peg's CJ's cap hit at an even $10 million for 2012

Why leave out babin?

Yep.....could of had Joseph if we paid Williams, TD, Anderson, Godfrey etc......what we should of. All got bigger contracts than they should of....

Anderson's contract was very well done

TD's had a safeguard in place just in case he got injured, which we used.

Williams contract was stupid

And the Godfrey contract was premature

Archived