• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Going to Training Camp?

Catalyst

What is this beacon?

It is South Carolina's Varsity wannabe. Not bad, you gotta go if you are in the area.

I have talked 4 friends into going this year from the Shelby, NC area (most with at least one kid tag-along). I live this close and have never been but you can bet you ass I will be there this year.

My 11 year old is looking forward to it more than our Orlando trip we are going on starting the 16th of this month.

I suggest that Huddler's do something to differentiate ourselves so that we will be able to identify each other. My thoughts are all of us wearing either white roses behind our left ears or industrial-strength jumper cable clamps on our right nipples.

Your thoughts?

It's a good 7 hour drive for me from the N.C. coast, but worth it. I've been to FanFest before, but never to camp. I'm staying at least three days/two nights (6 practices) but might stay an extra day depending on if I feel like driving after the night practice wraps up on Wednesday the 1st.

Don't much care about going out or the food. I don't drink, so the night life makes no difference to me. I'm sure I'll find a decent place to get a hamburger, which is all I really need. Maybe a good pizza place that delivers to the hotel.

Actually, having some sort of identifying mark for Huddlers isn't a bad idea. I'm sure there will be plenty of us there.

I'm getting my pilots license this month. Maybe i can just grab an airplane and fly down. Cut down on time it takes to get there :D

On another note. How does Training camp work. I see on the schedule it starts on the 30TH, but no other dates after that. Is it a everyday practice? or if i go, would i only see the 30th practice??

Practice is usually everyday. They will release a full schedule with times and mark ones that have special events. Two a days are fairly limited under the new CBA, making the morning session more of a walk through.

parking isn't a big deal. it's real close and it's free.

i honestly would look at spending most of my time in greenville...even getting a hotel room there and just travel to spartanburg for TC and to go to the beacon (cause your body could probably only handle the beacon once in that short a time span).

greenville>>>>>>>spartanburg.

That is my body's yearly cleaning, One trip to the Beacon (I love the place) but it does a trick on my insides LOL

Hey same deal as last year for anybody that can get me an autograph for Captain since I can't be there :( I'll pay for the autograph as well as the money for you to ship it to me. Please let me know ahead of time since I know a lot of people don't like him after last season I don't want a bunch of folks mad because I can't pay several people at one time so. If you think you can do it , let me know ahead of time so I can get my finances in order. Will also pay extra for things like , Material it's written on , having him make it out to me , multiple players, Object thats signed etc. Thanks!

Archived