• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Otah Knee OK after MRI

panther4life

Not sure how having bad knees at an unnatural weight of the human body = not wanting to play/lazy.

I don't think he is lazy. A lazy guy would be at BOA working his tail off for months.

We drafted him however knowing he didn't like playing through certain levels of pain. Reality is Otah could simply be not retarded....and unwilling to push his body when his body says stop. A lot of NFL players aren't smart. You can call it tough..... in 20 years many of those guys will call themselves idiots

Some of you take umbrage at the comments suggesting Otah is "soft". However, these questions have been around as long as Otah has been in the league, so there is no reason for surprise.

Whenever fellow players, coaches, or those that cover the team address the Otah situation, they speak in careful language, alluding to how much he does or does not "want" it. Yes, weight is a big factor, and the knee is obviously not right. But don't hide your head in the sand and act like Otah's attitude/threshold for pain is not in question.

He is probably a fine gentleman. Not everyone has that super-drive that is needed to play through the aches and pains of the NFL. Some guys have other interests. Expecting all players to be like TD or JB is not realistic.

That said, if we count on having him play any significant role for us this year, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Not everyone can have high pain thresholds. Obviously and regrettable Otah's is not very high.

My personality is one that I am not to be too critical of others, so I am upset that its not high. I would love him to play and be dominant and I am rooting for him to stay injury free.

I also have no problem with people calling him "soft" as there is definitely an argument that he is. I don't however like the "he's lazy" comment as there is no evidence that he is, which shows the irony in that statement.

Not sure how having bad knees at an unnatural weight of the human body = not wanting to play/lazy.

While I completely agree with this, at the same time, I lost 60 lb in the last 5 months by going to the gym and not being lazy. If he just lost 15 lb, his knees would be so much better.

Archived