• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Setting Goals

redbuddha

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2012/jun/07/panthers-enthusiastic-about-2012-season/

Highlights:

Linebacker Jon Beason, whose 2011 season ended abruptly after tearing his Achilles tendon in the opener against Arizona, makes no bones about his team’s aspirations.

“We’re preparing to be champions,” he said. “That’s the goal every day. Guys are buying in, and we keep taking baby steps toward winning it.”

Trying to make up for time (and practice) lost during last season’s lockout, the Panthers have ignored the “voluntary” aspect of OTAs; they’ve taken it upon themselves to make workouts mandatory.

“Everybody is being held accountable,” Newton said. “The playmakers are going to have to make plays. The leaders are going to lead. If you have to ask yourself what you are, you’re neither. “There were some good things last year, but I still feel like I can do a lot of things better.”

“We’ve got to continue to do what we did well and fix the things we didn’t do so well,” Kalil said. “It just feels like a much more well-oiled machine now.”

i loved this one...

“A lot of these guys have taken ownership of this team … I’m pretty excited about what we’re seeing out there,” Carolina coach Ron Rivera said. “We do have to take it with a grain of salt because we’re not in pads, but it’s great to see the guys moving around. The big thing you’re looking for is guys doing things the right way — making right decisions, putting themselves in position to make the play. That’s probably the biggest improvement we’ve seen.”

Archived