• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

• 2 weeks later...

So how are you guys doing?

Fixed it for ya :D

SagaciousPanther, you started yet???

I've been doing well... addicted to the gym really...

My 16yo has really gotten into it too... he's meeting me at the gym most days, and like yesterday we stayed home, ran 2 miles and did 200 pushups and abs... never done 200 pushups in one workout... I'm sore in new places today.

NIce Inmicus... idk about the blonde 88, she looks a little skanky to me... way too done up.

I've been doing REALLY good about drinking water and nothing else, no sodas, sweet tea, etc.

I'm also back on another month cycle of Ripped Vitapak... I lost about 6 pounds on that the first time two months ago... I'm already down one now after 4 days to 214. I'd love to get below 210 and stay there and not lose any muscle and/or gain a little.

It feels really good to be able to go in the gym and do whatever you want... I can rip off sets of pull-ups now 8-10 at a time... I benched 225 on my third set the other week and stopped at 12 reps, pretty sure I can get 16 or 17 reps easily now if I want to. Gotten back into squats too... nothing outrageous yet, but I can do 275 for 10 reps easily, just haven't pushed it too far yet...

Not too shabby for an old guy with a bionic shoulder...

I'm in my second week of the second month of Insanity.

Started at 188 or 189, I'm holding steady at 183 give or take now. At one point, I actually reached 177 a few days ago... Would probably be even lower but ate out about 5 days out of the last week and a half. I'm still drinking more water than I ever remember drinking in my life and I've only had soda with the take-out meals and one other time.

Regardless, seeing huge differences in my body. My cardio is clearly better as my avg and max heartrate have lowered by about 10 bpm each since I started the program. If I measured correctly, I've lost two inches off of my waist so far. And again, I'd probably be even further along if I was eating like I should be... Just gotta recommit myself diet-wise.

Other than the multiple-cheat days, I feel really good about where I'm at. The two inches off my waist, definition in my chest and abs again, and veins popping out my arms like they used to... All great progress. I just gotta get the diet right to rid myself of the layer of fluff that is still hiding some of it. But, for the most part, I'm really excited and the progress I've seen is just pushing me further. I think once I'm done with this round of Insanity in two weeks, I'm just going to start it over immediately and keep going until I'm where I want to be at completely.

Hey whats up guys. Just wanted to see if anybody could knowledge me on a few things.

Well first off I want to say I have always been a natural born brute and have always been a big sized youngin. I've never worked out in my life until about 3 months ago. But I think of myself as naturally strong. But anyways when I started I was 275 and 6ft 3. Now I'm down to 250.

I'm dropping weight like crazy Bc I cut my calories back to about 1500 and play ball and run ad lift. I'm taking protein and my vita pack and that's the only supplements.

Now to my questions. I need help or advice with how I should go about losing my gut and redistributing the weight. And what patterns or lifts or excersize would be the best. And also what supplements u guys like as far as protein or ore workout or creatine or whatever u guys suggest.

Any help would be useful. I'm just looking to trim down but also be muscular and fit. I guess I would like to be around 6ft 3 and weigh about 230-235ish. But thanks to those who reply

I'm getting more lean and building some muscle. Now I dont necessarily wanna lose weight. I just want my gut to be flat and be leaner and muscular.

1500 calories for a guy your size is not much... it's no wonder you've lost 25 pounds. Supplement wise, sounds like you're on the right track... creatine won't do a whole lot for you since you're obviously already pretty big. Might give you a little strength gain, but it also causes you to retain water, so you may not want that right now.

If you've only been lifting for 3 months, I would concentrate on lifts like deadlift, squat, overhead press, bench press, pull downs... lifts that utilize muscle groups and make sure your form is right. If you don't have someone knowledgeable to lift with, get a trainer to work with you for a bit, or at very least get on youtube and look at some of the various lifts for form instruction and advice. As for your gut, got to put in core work... crunches, leg lifts, planks, etc. There are a TON of resources online for this kind of stuff...

For example... http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/13/muscle/abdominals

Don't forget your back too... a lot of people focus on their abs and neglect their lower back muscles, that is a mistake.

Also get into cardio... lifting and doing ab work is great but you need to walk/run/stairclimb etc to get your heart rate up... I personally like to do cardio after I lift as it helps me be less sore, but the more you get into working out, I would switch it up so your body doesn't get used to it.

I was very fortunate in that I had good coaches in HS that taught us weight training and I lifted for about 3 years in the late 90's with a guy that was a certified personal trainer and he showed me a lot.

One thing i recommend you guys give a try is this

l_gu-7019.png

Its not the greatest tasting thing in the world but its probably the best on the go meal replacement on the market

1500 calories for a guy your size is not much... it's no wonder you've lost 25 pounds. Supplement wise, sounds like you're on the right track... creatine won't do a whole lot for you since you're obviously already pretty big. Might give you a little strength gain, but it also causes you to retain water, so you may not want that right now.

If you've only been lifting for 3 months, I would concentrate on lifts like deadlift, squat, overhead press, bench press, pull downs... lifts that utilize muscle groups and make sure your form is right. If you don't have someone knowledgeable to lift with, get a trainer to work with you for a bit, or at very least get on youtube and look at some of the various lifts for form instruction and advice. As for your gut, got to put in core work... crunches, leg lifts, planks, etc. There are a TON of resources online for this kind of stuff...

For example... http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/13/muscle/abdominals

Don't forget your back too... a lot of people focus on their abs and neglect their lower back muscles, that is a mistake.

Also get into cardio... lifting and doing ab work is great but you need to walk/run/stairclimb etc to get your heart rate up... I personally like to do cardio after I lift as it helps me be less sore, but the more you get into working out, I would switch it up so your body doesn't get used to it.

I was very fortunate in that I had good coaches in HS that taught us weight training and I lifted for about 3 years in the late 90's with a guy that was a certified personal trainer and he showed me a lot.

Appreciate the advice.

Yeah everybody keeps telling me I cut my calories way too much. But like I said weight is falling off me. I've lost 10 lbs in like 4 days lol. I know it varies and fluctuates but it's been a steady decrease everyday.

And as far as the dead lifts and squats. I've never really tried that and honestly seems a Lil intimidating. I mean I've did some cleans as pulls or whatever and pulled a muscle in my back Bc of wrong technique. So I just need to watch or stare at some folks.

Yeah I'm losing weight like crazy but it doesn't seem tO be coming from my gut. I've heard Doing crunches dosent necessarily lose the gut but just builds muscle under the fat. But I am trying. Been running about a mile or 2 a day and playing basketball and stuff. So I'm on the right track I believe. But I always appreciate any tips and help I can get. Thanks Nc bis

Hey whats up guys. Just wanted to see if anybody could knowledge me on a few things.

Well first off I want to say I have always been a natural born brute and have always been a big sized youngin. I've never worked out in my life until about 3 months ago. But I think of myself as naturally strong. But anyways when I started I was 275 and 6ft 3. Now I'm down to 250.

I'm dropping weight like crazy Bc I cut my calories back to about 1500 and play ball and run ad lift. I'm taking protein and my vita pack and that's the only supplements.

Now to my questions. I need help or advice with how I should go about losing my gut and redistributing the weight. And what patterns or lifts or excersize would be the best. And also what supplements u guys like as far as protein or ore workout or creatine or whatever u guys suggest.

Any help would be useful. I'm just looking to trim down but also be muscular and fit. I guess I would like to be around 6ft 3 and weigh about 230-235ish. But thanks to those who reply

I'm getting more lean and building some muscle. Now I dont necessarily wanna lose weight. I just want my gut to be flat and be leaner and muscular.

You can't spot target fat loss. If you want to lose your belly, you have to eat less calories than you burn. If you eat to few calories, you run the risk of losing more muscle than if you went for moderate weight loss. Ideally, you don't want to loss not more than 1-2 a week. Diet is more important than anything else when it comes to ditching the belly.

As far as supplements, I take creatine, protein, a multivitamin, and glucosamine. I'm currently bulking which is why I'm using creatine, and the glucosamine is for an old knee injury.

Archived