• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on panther defense

Spaceballs83

And that doesn't count James Anderson, who last year established a franchise record for tackles while starting in all 16 games.

A six-year veteran, Anderson is a relatively anonymous defender to most fans, but he is well regarded in the league and in the Carolina locker room. And the former third-round choice (2006) has started all but one game the past two years and has totaled 275 tackles.

lol @ the posters who continue to refer to this guy as a dime a dozen linebacker. anderson got his last year and he will get his again this year.

lol @ the posters who continue to refer to this guy as a dime a dozen linebacker. anderson got his last year and he will get his again this year.

Like Gantt said "someone has to get the tackle stats" I bet most of his tackles are after 15+ yard gains.

Like Gantt said "someone has to get the tackle stats" I bet most of his tackles are after 15+ yard gains.

Anderson has 18 stuffs the past two seasons, one of the highest amounts in the league over that time span. Also tied with All-Pro linebacker Derrick Johnson for 2nd most passes defended, second to only Patrick Willis.

I used to be one of those guys that felt Anderson was nothing more than average. While I stick by saying he is a two down linebacker (at least compared to Kuechly, Beason, and a healthy-Davis), he has definitely been a valuable piece to our defense.

Anderson has been quietly getting the job done for several years.I still think we lack some talent on the front 7 and secondary but our defense should improve if Ron Edwards and Beason are healthy.My hopes are to be a top 15 defense next year.

Lots of average joes have racked up tackles....especially on bad defenses. He isn't a difference maker.

At least he made the tackles. 10 other guys didn't get the job done but he did. He's not a guy that can be the best player on a D but he can be a very valuable player on a good D.

He made the tackles bc he doesn't suck. Lots of the guys he shared the field with last year didn't belong on a field

Archived