• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

your starting LBing group and their starting positions

La Pantera

your starting LBing group and their starting position  

109 members have voted

1. 1. whos your group

• Kuechly-Beason-Anderson
    • Kuechly-Beason-Davis
    • Beason-Kuechly-Anderson
    • Beason-Kuechly-Davis
    • Davis-Beason-Anderson
    • Davis-Beason-Kuechly
    • Davis-Kuechly-Anderson

Not listed in the poll, but I would go with Davis, Kuechly and Anderson at Weak, Middle and Strong respectively. Listening to Gantt talk about how Beason for the first time showed some doubt in his ability to come back 100%, combined with the comparison to Demecco Ryans with the Achilles tear has me thinking that, as strange as it might sound, it might be best to roll with Davis, Kuech and Anderson at the start of the season, and just use Beason situationally to ease him back into things.

Now just to counter the "Why would you bench our best LB, Beason, when Davis is coming off injury too?" argument that I know is coming, it's because they are different injuries. From what I understand, with the ACL injury, the ligament tears or snaps and is somewhat like a bone breaking. Once it's healed, as long as it's healed 100% (which it should be since Davis went to Dr. James Andrews), then you're good to go, just like getting a cast off. With the Achilles injury though, the tendon ruptures, and rehabbing from it is as much a matter of healing the tendon as regaining the confidence to use it. Now, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9OQ3tjPsL0, but I'm not sure he'll have the same swag when he has to elevate 3 feet in the air to defend a pass to Jimmy Graham. It's going to take him a while to get over that subconscious impulse not to push off on the Achilles as hard as he can.

Once weeks 6, 7 and 8 roll around, I say start Beason in the Middle, Anderson at Strong and Kuechly at Weak, but use Kuechly for pass coverage and run stopping situations while bringing Davis in for blitzes.

I was out lastnight having a some beers with a few other Panther fans when this subject came up. It seems everyone has a different and strong opinion on the matter. I'd like to know what the masses think.

What says ye?

I've been looking for panther fans to drink with in Greensboro since I've moved here. There is no one.

Maybe except for jt, but he seems like an asshole....

While I think Beason is a great LB. I'd rather have Kuechly covering TEs and RB. Kuechly mathes up better with TEs, due to his height, speed and coverage skills. Beason, in my mind is better suited in the middle, rather than the outside.

I've been looking for panther fans to drink with in Greensboro since I've moved here. There is no one.

Maybe except for jt, but he seems like an asshole....

I live in Winston and while Gboro has more (and better) bars (clubs really),I perfer staying close to home at the local watering hole. Gboro is a long drive just to drink.

Not listed in the poll, but I would go with Davis, Kuechly and Anderson at Weak, Middle and Strong respectively. Listening to Gantt talk about how Beason for the first time showed some doubt in his ability to come back 100%, combined with the comparison to Demecco Ryans with the Achilles tear has me thinking that, as strange as it might sound, it might be best to roll with Davis, Kuech and Anderson at the start of the season, and just use Beason situationally to ease him back into things.

Now just to counter the "Why would you bench our best LB, Beason, when Davis is coming off injury too?" argument that I know is coming, it's because they are different injuries. From what I understand, with the ACL injury, the ligament tears or snaps and is somewhat like a bone breaking. Once it's healed, as long as it's healed 100% (which it should be since Davis went to Dr. James Andrews), then you're good to go, just like getting a cast off. With the Achilles injury though, the tendon ruptures, and rehabbing from it is as much a matter of healing the tendon as regaining the confidence to use it. Now, Beason's looking pretty confident, but I'm not sure he'll have the same swag when he has to elevate 3 feet in the air to defend a pass to Jimmy Graham. It's going to take him a while to get over that subconscious impulse not to push off on the Achilles as hard as he can.

Once weeks 6, 7 and 8 roll around, I say start Beason in the Middle, Anderson at Strong and Kuechly at Weak, but use Kuechly for pass coverage and run stopping situations while bringing Davis in for blitzes.

Added the option.

Who in their right mind would bench the Beast for a rookie

Probably the team who drafted the best MLB prospect to come out in a LONG time will move him to OLB

Have you watched Luke? He is a natural and there is a reason Beason thought he was a more sure thing than Luck.....and most billed Luck as the most sure thing the NFL has seen in a decade

Probably the team who drafted the best MLB prospect to come out in a LONG time will move him to OLB

Have you watched Luke? He is a natural and there is a reason Beason thought he was a more sure thing than Luck.....and most billed Luck as the most sure thing the NFL has seen in a decade

I'd start the Beast before Davis or Anderson hands down. Then again I'd start the Beast in the middle with Kuech and Andy beside him.

Archived