• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

your starting LBing group and their starting positions

La Pantera

your starting LBing group and their starting position  

109 members have voted

1. 1. whos your group

• Kuechly-Beason-Anderson
    • Kuechly-Beason-Davis
    • Beason-Kuechly-Anderson
    • Beason-Kuechly-Davis
    • Davis-Beason-Anderson
    • Davis-Beason-Kuechly
    • Davis-Kuechly-Anderson

Guest Bwood

The starting rotation for week one will be Anderson at ROLB, Beason at MLB, and Kuechly at LOLB. Davis will sub in every once in a while but that spot is Kuechly's for now.

I think by the end of the season or next season, Kuechly will be the MLB and Anderson/Beason will play outside.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

And we drafted a kid that prospects even BETTER than Beason at MLB. Silly so many want to dismiss that....

Luke hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Calm down.

Skill set is a skill set....he projects better at MLB than Beason and just everyone else in recent history coming out.

Doesn't mean he will be better.... If he is what he appears he should.

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.

Luke has a crazy football IQ.... one of his strengths

Doesn't mean he will be better....

This is exactly right. He may "potentially" be better or he may not. We'll have to wait and see...if he beats Beason out for job, I'll have no problem with it. That'll mean he's the messiah of LBs and deserves the spot.

This is exactly right. He may "potentially" be better or he may not. We'll have to wait and see...if he beats Beason out for job, I'll have no problem with it. That'll mean he's the messiah of LBs and deserves the spot.

Well, when you draft someone with his potential....you also put him in position to actually reach it.

That gets lost IMO

Well, when you draft someone with his potential....you also put him in position to actually reach it.

That gets lost IMO

He does have the potential to be a great LB, but you'd be doing him and the team a great disservice, by just handing him the job.

Rivera has already remarked about how good of a communicator Luke is, doubt that'll be the issue.

Most rookies come in with a deer in the headlights mentality. Hellz, even Cam said he would defer to the Vets too much last year. So I would not get too excited about this. Although, I can see some practice time being spent on this though. As for calling the plays, or moving Beast out. Both, or neither, will happen when Rivera deems it necessary.

Hey I get it. Luke is going to beast out. He is going to blow up the NFL. He is already Pro Bowl ready. He is going to be better than Beast, and may already be. I get it. He is the bomb. Some folks are homering on him hard. Hey, Why Not?

Beast is the heart and soul of our D. He is our captain steering the ship, and setting the course. As long as he is, he is going to be calling the plays. I know he can do that from the outside, but the looks are different and some players may not see him or even hear him. Just opens up the possibility for miscommuncation.

Just a thought. I have those from time to time. Especially when the wife is absent from the conversation. Or better yet, just absent. Damm I am glad she hates sports. It is the one thing I can call my own. And there was great rejoicing.

Even if he is 100% today....they would be foolish to make him a starter IMO. Situational role player and depth seems to be his best fit going forward.

Well that's your opinion and I will leave the evaluation to the coaching staff.

Not listed in the poll, but I would go with Davis, Kuechly and Anderson at Weak, Middle and Strong respectively. Listening to Gantt talk about how Beason for the first time showed some doubt in his ability to come back 100%, combined with the comparison to Demecco Ryans with the Achilles tear has me thinking that, as strange as it might sound, it might be best to roll with Davis, Kuech and Anderson at the start of the season, and just use Beason situationally to ease him back into things.

Now just to counter the "Why would you bench our best LB, Beason, when Davis is coming off injury too?" argument that I know is coming, it's because they are different injuries. From what I understand, with the ACL injury, the ligament tears or snaps and is somewhat like a bone breaking. Once it's healed, as long as it's healed 100% (which it should be since Davis went to Dr. James Andrews), then you're good to go, just like getting a cast off. With the Achilles injury though, the tendon ruptures, and rehabbing from it is as much a matter of healing the tendon as regaining the confidence to use it. Now, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9OQ3tjPsL0, but I'm not sure he'll have the same swag when he has to elevate 3 feet in the air to defend a pass to Jimmy Graham. It's going to take him a while to get over that subconscious impulse not to push off on the Achilles as hard as he can.

Once weeks 6, 7 and 8 roll around, I say start Beason in the Middle, Anderson at Strong and Kuechly at Weak, but use Kuechly for pass coverage and run stopping situations while bringing Davis in for blitzes.

I understand what you're saying, but I think that in the heat of the moment, Beason wouldn't think about that. When you're playing football or any sport for that matter you just react, you don't have time to think. I have recovered from an ACL and i'm a former athlete, and the the biggest obstacle I had to overcome is the rehab. Rehab doesn't just get your injury back in working order, It also builds your confidence. By the time i got back on the field I didn't think about going less than 100% becausee I knew that all the work I had put it paid off.

I'm sure Beason has regained most of his confidence just going through rehab, because he'll begin to realize that he is still able to do the same things he used to

I understand what you're saying, but I think that in the heat of the moment, Beason wouldn't think about that. When you're playing football or any sport for that matter you just react, you don't have time to think. I have recovered from an ACL and i'm a former athlete, and the the biggest obstacle I had to overcome is the rehab. Rehab doesn't just get your injury back in working order, It also builds your confidence. By the time i got back on the field I didn't think about going less than 100% becausee I knew that all the work I had put it paid off.

I'm sure Beason has regained most of his confidence just going through rehab, because he'll begin to realize that he is still able to do the same things he used to

Aren't we all? Hellz, I've played basketball against Magic. I can't put that on the wall. (The wife hates sports. But, we have trophies on display?) Who among us has not had their moment of glory? Or, moments, for some of us who happened to be big fish in a small pond.

I sprained my ankle once, something to do with a motorcycle and a tree. (Somehow, I feel a kindred spirit towards Hardy about now.) No athlete, capable of playing in the NFL, has ever slept with my wife. To my knowledge. That does not change the fact that State and Regional Championships, at any level, should be taken lightly. Al Bundy/Hank Hill syndrome.

All that to say this. It is a great time to reside in Pantherland! Where, even off-season threads about ... hold enough nuggets of useful drivel, to hold an old sports fans imagination til' training camp. Which starts next Sat. I'll be there.

I really am looking forward to meeting SOME of you this fall. Hubby Out.

Aah, screw it. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey, what do you expect at...in the morning?

Well that's your opinion and I will leave the evaluation to the coaching staff.

Well the staff has Beason, Luke, and Anderson....I think we can make an educated assumption they won't think a guy coming of 3 ACL tears should be an every down starter with a healthy roster

I read just last week that Davis is basically cleared to participate. Which means he is pretty much ready to go. That said, he will be 4th on the depth chart. I say 4th because I envision 4-5 LBs on the field. Everyone and their brother knows TD will be spoon fed this year.

That said, Luke may wind up at the Mike, or, Zod forbid he doesn't. Rivera has a plan and versatility plays a big role. Anyone, at any spot, at any time. So I am not as hung up on who starts where as others. But Beast is Beast for a reason. If the day comes Luke is better, we are just that much better as a team.

I have homer love for Luke as well. I just haven't crowned him king of the hill yet.

Archived