• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud's New Playbook

redbuddha

Ah but here is the difference.

DWill goes down week 1. No big deal. Offense is still a gorilla with a chainsaw for a penis.

Steve Smith goes down. HUGE deal. Impact on O is big.

i don't usually agree with you on this stuff, but that comment made me laugh because it's true.

i don't usually agree with you on this stuff, but that comment made me laugh because it's true.

Haven't pulled that line out in a long time. There is some audio clip on the web with someone describing an LSU team as such. Great description

Was replying to your quote about the panther being explosive. We all know they can, just pointing out that you can't win all the shootouts. Last year was definitely a example of that. Lions, Packers, Saints** games were shootouts. Just saying the defense or special teams could have contributed a little and that L would be a W.

I'm pretty sure most people kmow this.

maybe ya should have told the op instead. lol

The most dangerous thing that an offense can be is balanced yet unpredictable....which is exactly what the Panthers should be.

The pass happy teams that have seen success have elite QB's. Now look at the Panthers.....we have a situation where we do have an elite QB, but also have RB's that can pound you and an OC that is very unpredictable.

DC's are going to have nightmares trying to prepare for this offense. They have no idea what they are going to see and must be prepared to defend an elite passing game....a QB who can run...a backfield that is the best in the league....an offense that will show the spread option, wishbone, wing option, fumbleruski, etc....

You will see the running game much more potent this season because teams will not be able to put 8-9 in the box.

If the defense can be middle of the road, this si a double digit win team.

well said and 100% agreed.

remember when a bunch of loons were on here talking about trading 89? Wow talk about clueless.

BUT TEH STEVE SMIFFS IS OLD! TRADE HIIIM NOW BEFORS ITS TOO LATE!!~!!1!!

that made me want to paint on a sad clown face. . and big red shoes. . but mostly just a sad clown face.

You mean back when Smitty cleaned out his locker and told the front office to look into trading him? Back before Cam was here and he couldn't catch a cold from Clausen and was jumping down his throat all the time?

If Clausen was still our QB we should of traded him. Invested in D bc running and playing D where the only way to win

There is no justification that you can give me . . for trading our best player. . .ever. . . period.

Sure there. That player flat out saying trade me. That player not wanting to be part of the O and what we are doing.

If we drafted a DT and not Cam. Kept Clausen....Smitty would have been traded

He didnt say trade me, first of all, he said he wanted to be in a competitive situation and cleaning his locker was a statement but not an ulimatium as you make it out to be

CRA Im going to tell you now what Ive never said to anyone before. .

I was right and you were wrong

The reason is this, sir, you never know when you might just draft a 6'6 beast with an arm like the Guns of Navoronne

Smith never asked for a trade, in fact, after those rumors arose he come out and publicly said that he didn't.

"I have not demanded a trade. What I have asked for is to be in a competitive situation," he told the publication. "I sat down with [general manager] Marty [Hurney] a lot of times prior to the lockout. I am respected as a veteran amongst the players as well as the front office. So there has been dialogue [about my future in Carolina] prior to the lockout."

When asked if he expected to be traded, he said he didn't know what to expect once the lockout ends.

Smith's Charlotte home has been on the market for more than a year, but he said last season that was because he was considering moving to another home in the area that would better accommodate his family. He told Pro Football Weekly that he's selling his home because it was too big for his family.

"I think it's important that people realize I am not packing my bags. As far as why my house is for sale, we built this huge house and we just don't have any business living in it. It seemed like a great idea, and then we moved into this big house. We started cringing at all that space we had. For me, it was a little bit vain that I have this big house with this big yard," he told the publication.

"People saw my house was on sale and said it was me sending a message. Really the message I sent was to my kids: Dad made a mistake. This isn't how we are supposed to live. This isn't what I should be projecting. If we don't do this now, what incentive do I give my kids to reach for? You make a lot of money and then you go blow it? I don't want to be a statistic. I want to be a good steward."

The team has been deliberate when discussing Smith's future publicly. At the NFL owners meeting, Rivera said he had talked to Smith before the lockout and that the team would wait to see how things sorted out.

A team official told ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas that Smith was told in January that he should sit down and think about his future. The team official said Smith was told, if he wanted out, that the team would work with him. But the official also said it was made clear to Smith that the Panthers will not simply release him or "give him away."

Smith denied that this conversation took place.

"I was never asked to sit down and weigh my future in Carolina," he told Pro Football Weekly. "I was never approached by management or by Coach [Ron] Rivera to weigh my options or my future [here]. I sat down with Coach Rivera after he was hired because I was asked to and because that's what veterans do. They sit down and meet with the new decision makers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6526620

Archived