• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Steve Smith was in Pepp's situation right now...

Zod

Definitely the flavor of the day, but does that actually make him #1, just because he burned us in a playoff game? Not positive on that one, the line is very small...

He didn't just burn us, did you watch the other playoff games?

We would have our choice of ten teams multiple first rounders by now.

It really illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Julius Peppers. He and his agent have gotten an education these last months. Jared had no trouble finding a suitor in the Vikings, even with his off the field issues. Pep, by all indications is a "model citizen". Must be his play on the field.......:rolleyes:

I wouldn't automatically assume we'd be swimming in 1st rounders. Boldin is a hell of a receiver as well (not as good as 89 but still) and he didn't garner much interest. Maybe that had to do with the huge contract he's looking for, but it's not like Smith would come cheap either. Not to mention he's 29 years old as has 2 incidents (one very recent) of fighting with teammates. As it stands now, I think Smitty is the 2nd best receiver behind Fitz but there's still issues that make it less than certain a team would fork over a huge amount of draft picks.

So I'm assuming you know that positively no offers have been made?

You ate the worm again didnt you...

I can 10000% guarantee you that no offers have been made to the Panthers, simply based on one fact: Peppers has not signed his tender offer and thus the Panthers cannot engage in trade talks with any other team.

Definitely the flavor of the day, but does that actually make him #1, just because he burned us in a playoff game? Not positive on that one, the line is very small...

Also he also has always played in a Pass first Offense. In 2005 we had a Pass first offence and Smith had the triple crown. Just saying.........

It really illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Julius Peppers. He and his agent have gotten an education these last months. Jared had no trouble finding a suitor in the Vikings, even with his off the field issues. Pep, by all indications is a "model citizen". Must be his play on the field.......:rolleyes:

That and no other team thinks he's worth the contract that he wants. Just my take on the situation

Archived