• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Elway was...

Jangler

I wasn't trying to compare the loser part either. But yeah Elway was considered a loser until his last two seasons. Just by this thread alone it shows how all the sudden he became a great winning QB. Something I didn't know was his career comp % was only 56.9 and he is 2-3 in the SB.

Anyway not what I was wanting to do, compare the two...

Can a quarterback throw an interception into the hands of his own team?:leaving:
Well, he can throw interceptions that are kind of hard to get, a good play by the other team. But the ones Jake threw were placed ever so softly into the other teams hands.

Well, he can throw interceptions that are kind of hard to get, a good play by the other team. But the ones Jake threw were placed ever so softly into the other teams hands.

Some seemed to be. Was the receiver in the proper position? Others went thru the receiver into waiting arms. Not saying Jake didn't suck, but sweeping suggestions that all of 'em were on him is just wrong, (although I understand he gets the blame for all of them)...

3 of 5 of Elway's SB performances:

QBR: 51.9, 36.4, 19.4

They won one "in spite" of him too.

Alltime playoff QBR-79.7, alltime playoff comp % 54.5

He had a lot of talent, he was a 1st rd draft pick. He wasn't great in the playoffs as many times as one would expect from his talent level.

And no I am not COMPARING them either...I am saying that usually you need only an efficient performance from your QB to win SBs.

I wasn't going to point that out....but since you did, I can add to it.

Elway stacked up the yards, and had a gun....but was not clutch at all until his run game clicked. He was much like Manning 1 until he won the big one. Very talented, could be considered one of the best ever in the regular season, but was a choker in big games until he pushed one over the edge.

lol @ the Delhomme/Elway comparison

is this thread 4 realz?

I think it's funny that about half of everyone in this thread don't get what your saying

d00d, John Elway is a hall of famer. You can't campare him to Jake.

Nevermind.... th15dtbf4.gif

Revisionist history + lack of reading comprehension = fail.

Nowhere in this thread did I see anyone state "Jake is just as talented as Elway."

Who would have been the Buffalo Bills of quarterbacks if he hadn't won two superbowls at the end of his career.

Not to mention he was one of the "best" quarterbacks ever but still couldn't win the big one without a strong defense and a great running game.

I know two ways you can compare Jake to Elway. They are both amazing comeback quarterbacks that run the two minute drill as well as anyone has in the NFL.

And when you gameplan around them, they tend to fall apart. Neither seems to want to be in the game until the final two minutes and down by 6 points.

But Jake isn't Elway, and will never be Elway. The Broncos got to the Superbowl early on by virtue of Elway, something the Panthers will never do with Jake Delhomme. Jake alone won't get us into the playoffs the way Elway did with the Broncos.

But to say you can't compare the two, or you shouldn't, that's just plain willful ignorance.

Not to mention Jangler just compared their ages. You can't even compare the relevance of the aging process between the two?

Elway wasn't a god, and if he hadn't won those two Superbowls, he would be as big of a disappointment as Marino, who was a real quarterback.

Revisionist history + lack of reading comprehension = fail.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The fact of the matter is that Jake just came off of a MAJOR injury and we're jumping on him because of one game. Before that game we were more than happy with Jake (aside from the TB and Oak games). He's not the future of the franchise by any means but he is good enough to get us to a SB and win, provided our defense improves.

Archived