• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Black Pants Myth

Panthersfan704

The current deal ends in 2013, so i believe this years Madden is the last Madden that will be under the exclusive deal, unless EA reups and extends the contract which they did previously in 2008. So assuming EA doesnt extend the contract and another publisher/developer wants to pay the NFL to use the license then its theoretically possible you could see another NFL title next season. However id assume if that were to happen there would be at least a 2 year dev time from the time the contract is made to when the game actually comes out. So who knows, maybe its possible there could be an NFL 2K15?

You're right. It ends 2013....Hopefully EA doesn't renew or else we're going to be stuck with a crap football game for a while.

must have been an old article I read about a lawsuit that ended up giving EA 5 more years of exclusive rights... hopefully 2k can get their hands on an NFL game.. I just can't get into NCAA..

No, that was back in 2008, EA extended the contract through the 2012 season, then last year, the NFL allowed EA one more year which extended the contract through 2013. The only lawsuit(s) that has come out of EA/Madden is the class action lawsuit that claimed they held a monopoly on NFL video games which allowed them to raise their price on Madden. All consumers who bought Madden from 2005 to like 2008 are owed like 3 bux or something. There was also one where some NFL vets were suing for likeness issues.

that's what it was.. except it was more like $1.50 per person..

yea i knew it was something paltry. Altho i guess EA won't look at it that way. There were a lot of consumers that opted in on that lawsuit. Heh, i was one of em.

You can mix/match uniforms parts, so this vid proves nothing.

On top of that, why wouldn't the Panthers deny it when the story originally broke?

Was it even that big a story? Outside of us, who was talking about it? Guess people will find out come the 28th.

They will and theres nothing the user can do about it. The starting QB shows up during those kickoff scenes. It's been that way for the last 3 or 4 years. The developers at Tiburon aren't talented enough to code properly during cutscenes.

Tiburon has the worst talent in the industry because of turnover. Basically, if you're a good developer you spend a year there, realize it's poo and you can't ever make anything good there + you're dealing with deadlines AND you work for EA. Basically anyone good jets out the door and the customer gets bad games in return and EA doesn't have to care because they're the only ones who can make an NFL game.

The current deal ends in 2013, so i believe this years Madden is the last Madden that will be under the exclusive deal, unless EA reups and extends the contract which they did previously in 2008. So assuming EA doesnt extend the contract and another publisher/developer wants to pay the NFL to use the license then its theoretically possible you could see another NFL title next season. However id assume if that were to happen there would be at least a 2 year dev time from the time the contract is made to when the game actually comes out. So who knows, maybe its possible there could be an NFL 2K15?

Sadly, Madden and the NFL have killed off any other competitor's will to make a decent NFL game even if the license is up. The only chance of seeing a good NFL game would be one coming from a major publisher such as Activision and they are just as corrupt as EA and probably wouldn't get involved because they wouldn't be "guaranteed massive profits in return for competing with EA" (Activision's words paraphrased).

Outside of Activision, obviously you have 2K games but their only real money maker on the sports side is NBA2K and after the massive flop that was All-Pro Football 2K8, that division of the sports studio was shut down.

And whats saving 2k from getting raped and abused by the NFL like it did 8 years ago when they gave the license to EA in the first place because 2K was actually about to do to Madden what they did to NBA Live? About the only studio left with the money and the talent would be Valve and there is no reason to believe that they would enjoy making a football game. They would make the poo out of it don't get me wrong, but they are more core gamer and Sports games are niche that I don't see them interested in.

Tiburon has the worst talent in the industry because of turnover. Basically, if you're a good developer you spend a year there, realize it's poo and you can't ever make anything good there + you're dealing with deadlines AND you work for EA. Basically anyone good jets out the door and the customer gets bad games in return and EA doesn't have to care because they're the only ones who can make an NFL game.

I agree 100% man. They've gone through like 4 different Creative Directors since 2008.

I stopped give Madden any credibility after ranking Newton outside the leagues top 10 QB's

Exhibit A- I bet they Have The Golden Calf of Bristol listed in the top 20 QB

Exhibit Q- A The Golden Calf of Bristol lover will proclaim him to be a league worthy QB after having his Madden character throw for over 200 yards

Need I continue?

Archived