• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Roster cuts

SIGCHI222

I have no problem with the EB and AE trades. Hurney was trying to make something happen. He took a swing and missed. Can't knock him for being aggressive and taking a shot. I'd be more upset with him if he was passive just sat there as the team fall apart.

On the other side, however, he does need to step up, admit his mistakes and cut the bad players. He hangs on to them too long...eg AE and Teh Jimmehz.

The agressive nature to get Frank Alexander is still suspect to me. 3rd rounders are still very good picks to hope a 4th rounder will pan out. He seems to have the tools but my own ignorance of Okla last season has me guessing since I never watched him. Big 12 player of the year lets go!

I hope he turns out well...I hate when the dramatic trade chime hits on draft coverage and the name comes over and your like:..ok... AE was a huge WTF!?! Lol

Jimmy Clausen, Armanti Edwards and Eric Norwood. Hell of a draft that was...

2010 is looking putrid but at least we got Lafell out of it.

If Sherrod Martin and Munnerlyn are gone after this season, the 2009 draft will be worse:

2a (43) DE Everette Brown (gave up 2010 1st rounder) 2b (59) CB Sherrod Martin 3 (93) DT Corvey Irvin 4a (111) RB Mike Goodson 4b (128) FB Tony Fiammetta 5 163) G Duke Robinson 6 (202) Choice to Oakland 7 (216) CB Captain Munnerlyn 7 (237) Choice to Miami

The agressive nature to get Frank Alexander is still suspect to me. 3rd rounders are still very good picks to hope a 4th rounder will pan out. He seems to have the tools but my own ignorance of Okla last season has me guessing since I never watched him. Big 12 player of the year lets go!

I hope he turns out well...I hate when the dramatic trade chime hits on draft coverage and the name comes over and your like:..ok... AE was a huge WTF!?! Lol

That trade was for Adams. They just turned in Alexander's name first.

so Gettis is out at least the first 6 games .. dang

If I had to guess this is how its going to go down. Tutu and Edwards will battle it out for the last spot on the team. After 6 games if Gettis is healthy, the other one will get cut unless they do something exceptional. If Gettis gets put on IR then they stay another year.

I'm interested to see if we keep Poole or Armond Smith. I think Poole is the better back but Armond Smith had a good showing last night. But take that with a grain of salt.

Tauren Poole will be our 3rd RB. Armond was impressive last night but the fact that the team released him earlier in camp speaks volumes.

Your list seems very reasonable to me. Wish Green would have been given some more opportunities but, we are deep at receiver. Maybe not so much in quality but we have plenty of quantity.

I really like Green & have wanted to see him on the field more.

The conclusion I've come to, deluded or not, is that they really like his potential, but know he's not ready yet. They want to get him on the practice squad, BUT...if he flashs potential, he could get scooped up when cut.

Last night he missed a pass (nothing I would be concerned about), but I thought, this is probably just what the coaches wanted to see happen...keeps teams away & he may be able to get safely on the practice squad. Next game won't matter much, since Jimmy will likely be the QB & he sucks! I really hope they cut Clausen & sign a developmental QB.

Archived