• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So my youngest kid today...

Darth Biscuit

Put a frozen hamburger in the microwave for 7 minutes on high instead of the 3 minutes on 30% and 1 minute on high...

Then proceded to watch TV until the smoke detectors went off and my oldest came down to see what was going on...

Fortunately they were smart enough to call 911, and my wife was almost home.

So now the house smells like severely burned hamburger... But nothing was damaged.

Damn kids...

Put a frozen hamburger in the microwave for 7 minutes on high instead of the 3 minutes on 30% and 1 minute on high...

Then proceded to watch TV until the smoke detectors went off and my oldest came down to see what was going on...

Fortunately they were smart enough to call 911, and my wife was almost home.

So now the house smells like severely burned hamburger... But nothing was damaged.

Damn kids...

Got one better for you.....

My oldest son (who is 14 yo) put a pack of Raman Noodles in a dish and then put it in the microwave for the correct 6 minutes. Problem is that he forgot to put the damn water in the dish. So he cooked raw noodles for 6 minutes and they were nothing but ash left in the dish.

Worst smell I have ever encountered. We tried everything to get rid of it for several days, but finally had to just throw the microwave out.

We tried lemons, vinegar, baking soda, etc. Every suggestion on the internet failed.

Damn kids.

Years ago, my 16 month old climbed up on the counter (I was at work, so my ex was "watching" him) and put his plastic cup in the microwave to heat up his milk. He put it on 99 minutes 99 seconds and hit start. She came running in (she had been on Myspace) when the house filled up with smoke. He had left the lid on, which was a plastic dinosaur figure. It had caught fire and melted. Ruined the microwave, and it took about 2 weeks to get the smell out of the entire house.

Archived