• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Riveria can't coach..

Awesomeness!!

Rivera's D adjusted and looked good. He is a defensive guy. he has bodies now. That first half he was at a huge disadvantage defensively. D only gave up a measly 16 points....and 13 for most of the game as it time and time again put the O in a position to go do something down by only 6....

But to be a good coach, Rivera needs to correct obvious in game flaws of people he gives a long leash to. Chud's leash is too long.

Chud is doing the same poo he started last year doing

Atrocious gameplan. And when the entire team looks that bad on both sides of the ball when they clearly have the potential to be much better, how can you NOT blame the coach?

Only thing I blame him for today is he should have did a Fox and told Chud to relax and call more run plays other then that. The defense kept us in the game which is his specialty and time mang wasn't a big problem.

My problem with this statement is this. Cam makes a mistake on the field, and it's because he's a "rookie" (last year) or because he a "sophomore" this year, and it's fine. Yet, Rivera makes a mistake, even though he also was a rookie last year and a sophomore this year, and his mistakes are all unforgivable?

No, but often his mistakes are a result of poor decisions and game management from the coaching staff. Some are just poor decisions Cam made, but he's the QB, this is all irrelevant.

In RR's case, he's been in and around the league for how many years now? He's been a coach in some capacity for how long now? He's well-established and knows what to and what not to expect from Sunday to Sunday. Cam just entered the league last year. There is a huge difference there.

Difference between Cam and Rivera: We've seen a million highs from Cam to know his potential. What have we seen from Rivera to know he can coach at as strong a level as Cam can play QB?

He helped a team that was 2-14 get to 6-10 with the selection of a star QB, he has started building a team that was absolutely dismantled only two seasons prior, and he's a guy that has inspired all of the players. He stands up for his players. He inspires his players.

Rivera can't do everything on the field. He's not the one turning the ball over, not stopping a RB, or having his punts blocked.

Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. But you do realize he just coached his 17th regular season game, right?

I kind of understand on were you guys are coming from on this. All I can say is to be patient with Coach Rivera and our team.Putting together a winning football program takes a lot of time and work. Let's just be patient a little longer. This season will present us with some challenging games and we can see what Rivera is made of and the team.

I am not impressed with Rivera. Our team shows a consistent lack of discipline and preparation.

I thought the D overall looked very good.....no tape on the O and clearly adjusted and shut them down at the half. That is coaching. They also had a rookie CB on the field getting lots of reps agaisnt VJ.

OC and ST coaches? That was the problem. I don't think it is fair to lump McD and the D in with the slop the other units displayed

Kinda early for this thread dont you think? Being its the 1st game and all. I do think he needs to talk with his DC as it seems the D has trouble getting off the feild on 3rd downs. His OC also falls in love with the pass alil to much, and his ST coach well we all know that one. I think he is a good coach imo but ppl need to look at where the Panthers have come from to now and give the HC time to get his ppl and the things he really wants to do put in.

Archived