• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Riveria can't coach..

Awesomeness!!

The entire game.

Ask yourself, who has the more talented team on paper top to bottom?

No reason for us to come out so flat and look so unprepared.

We made adjustments on defense and only gave up 6 points after the 1st td. And got 1 FG from a punt being blocked. Plus how do you prepare for a coach you have no tape on?

He helped a team that was 2-14 get to 6-10 with the selection of a star QB, he has started building a team that was absolutely dismantled only two seasons prior, and he's a guy that has inspired all of the players. He stands up for his players. He inspires his players.

Rivera can't do everything on the field. He's not the one turning the ball over, not stopping a RB, or having his punts blocked.

Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. But you do realize he just coached his 17th regular season game, right?

Hey, I basically agree with all of this. My only point in response is that his coaching continues to lead to a lot of questions on my end. I'm not about to start saying we need to fire him, I'll give him AT LEAST into the 2013 season before that happens unless we do something like pull a 4-12 this year.

We made adjustments on defense and only gave up 6 points after the 1st td. And got 1 FG from a punt being blocked. Plus how do you prepare for a coach you have no tape on?

The defense looked better in the 2nd half because there was less to defend. Schiano is conservative on offense and wanted to run the clock once they had the lead.

I'm willing to bet that we are right up there among the worst teams in terms of kicks being blocked under RR over the last 17 games. The amount we've had blocked is inexcusable. He's ultimately responsible for that.

And according to our own philosophy, it shouldn't have mattered what their gameplan was, we're supposed to be an aggressive, attacking offense and defense that dictates the action, not one that has to react to it.

He's made his share of bad decisions...but a tad early for that. He went against a coach nobody in the league would've been fully prepared to play. Revisit this at the end of the year if you want, but not now.

And so did the Cardinals last year and even with 400 yards from Cam we lost. Not saying I'm agreeing with you, just making a note that we were this Buc team last year and still lost winnable games.

I'm not going to LIE, but that "Foxy" guy was helluva better coach than this Chico guy.

Cry about it. Complain about. Make fun of me. Without Chud and Cam, Chico would not have this much respect as a HC.

Just like I took the devils advocated last post against RR, this time I'm going to have to be pro-RR: Do you feel the offense and Chud were the reasons we were in this game? Or the opposite? Because from my understanding the starting D only gave up 1 touchdown, and 3 field goals. One of those field goals were forced at the 20 yard line.

The defense looked better in the 2nd half because there was less to defend. Schiano is conservative on offense and wanted to run the clock once they had the lead.

I'm willing to bet that we are right up there among the worst teams in terms of kicks being blocked under RR over the last 17 games. The amount we've had blocked is inexcusable. He's ultimately responsible for that.

And according to our own philosophy, it shouldn't have mattered what their gameplan was, we're supposed to be an aggressive, attacking offense and defense that dictates the action, not one that has to react to it.

They were conservative all game it just didn't work after the 1st TD. So block kicks are now his fault?

Was it Fox fault when Kasey kicked the ball out of bounds in the superbowl as well? Sooner or later players have to take the blame for some misstakes.

They were conservative all game it just didn't work after the 1st TD. So block kicks are now his fault?

Was it Fox fault when Kasey kicked the ball out of bounds in the superbowl as well? Sooner or later players have to take the blame for some misstakes.

Yes, players do have to take responsibility for their mistakes. But when the same mistakes keep happening who should answer for it? The amount of ST failures we've experienced in the last 17 games is almost unfathomable. It means there is a bigger problem than just a mistake by one player. It means something is systematically wrong. Whether that means schematically or a lack of discipline, the players aren't always to blame for lack of execution.

I didn't say RR isn't our guy. He is our guy and we should support him fully. I just said I have questions.

Archived