• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's performance

I'm not worried but he needs to stop forcing things when plays go south and learn to not make a bad play worse. Beyond the olines poor play, he still seemed very hesitant at times and indecisive

DeAngelo could have gotten a first down when he had that first int

I was more dissapointed in the line than I was him.

He held the ball a couple times way too long, and there were also times when he left the pocket, when he didn't need too.

It's so easy to forget that he's only in the start of his 2nd year. The expectations are so high for him. He is going to be a good one, but like all QB's, he needs time in the pocket. He made a couple throws that were great. The two deep balls to Murphy (including the one that was broken up on a great play by barron, were great throws).

To play devil's advocate: Cam has struggled for a while now. Played poorly the 2nd half of the last regular season game last year. Played poorly in the Pro Bowl. Played poorly at worst and mediocre at best all preseason. And now played poorly to mediocre today.

Good news? That's just a game and a half of bad football when it matters. I'm just going to pull Week 4 out of my ass and say let's wait until Week 4 before we start saying he was overrated last year or is in a sophomore slump. He'll bounce back though of that I'm very confident.

To play devil's advocate: Cam has struggled for a while now. Played poorly the 2nd half of the last regular season game last year. Played poorly in the Pro Bowl. Played poorly at worst and mediocre at best all preseason. And now played poorly to mediocre today.

Good news? That's just a game and a half of bad football when it matters. I'm just going to pull Week 4 out of my ass and say let's wait until Week 4 before we start saying he was overrated last year or is in a sophomore slump. He'll bounce back though of that I'm very confident.

Well which is it gonna be? Folks are yelling for wins, and we finished 4-2 in the last 6 of last season, yet Cam played poorly? He didn't have the crazy stats, but I would say he was more efficient.

What I find so troubling is, other teams are doing everything to protect their QB and give him time to get his job done but not this team. It's the attitude of We got Cam that seems to be the attitude. He can do it all. Why bother do our job and protect him so he can get good reads. Let's let every defender get to him and let's have the pocket break easily break down around so he won't have a chance to and have to throw on the first read or run for his life.

Archived