• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The problem Maybe Chud...

redbuddha

Several years ago we had a college coach that was tied to his offensive coordinator. During that time period coach won about 80%+ of our games.

Yet in many of those losses, it seemed out Offensive coordinator was trying to prove a point while passing while we were up 20 points in the 4th quarter. Against better teams that often came back to haunt us.

I have a feeling from watching Cam that he is not comfortable especially in our losses with this offense. Now it is hard to compare this to his previous positions, because he won 90-100% of the time with those other teams.

But consider this:

Robert Griffin's first game against the Saints** he wins and the team scores 40 points. Griffin is running the leading offense in the NFL.

Cam's first game against Arizona and next year at Tampa both losses.

Consider this before the nfl name the last time Cam lost an opening season game.

Now on Cam's behalf he hasn't had as many starts in college as say Griffin or Luck, yet we still are putting the Game in his hands.

I think Cam would do just as well if not better had Malzahn been his coordinator than Chud. Malzahn developed an offense at Auburn that although a spread offense, was a running spread, that passed. Cam had over 1000 yards rushing and his rb (Dyer) also had over 1000 yards.

This offense that Chud runs seems to be too pass heavy in the wrong situations. I.e. third and short, we throw a 20 yard pass. Great if it works, but when it doesn't we look like we were working against the percentages.

For this offense to finish the game with only 10 yards rushing with all of the running weapons we have is crazy, especially for the amount of money we have spent on having a run game.

I don't mind losing, but this offense seemed out of sync the whole game. That to me falls on the Offensive coordinator. After all we heard about new wrinkles and etc during the offseason, I saw nothing except a 5 yard run from Pilares that was interesting.

I think Chudzinski is a great coordinator you guys have here. He had no tape to go off of and our defense is more talented in my opinion than New Orleans, which is a possible reason RG3 had such a terrific day. Had the Panthers played the Saints* in week 1 and the Bucs played the Redskins, I think it would be a completely different story.

chud isn't the problem.

it was just a bad game and a lot of people didn't do their job well. players were just as guilty (probably moreso) than the coaches.

we had everything we needed to win that game except the points. it wasn't just one thing that caused it. it was a lot...but it's just not that big of a deal.

people looking for the ONE thing that could have made it better...the ONE thing that could make this team better would have as much luck pulling puppy dogs out their asses as they would figuring it out. you aren't going to find it after one season. you most certainly aren't going to find it out after one game. people are reading far too much into this past weeks game. you just won't find the answer you're looking for and if you did figure something noteworthy out it will have already been fixed.

I think that if you put a decent offensive coordinator with Cam any person will look like a genius. I understand Cam may not have had the grooming of a Peyton Manning when he came in the league, but Cam did two things Peyton never did, Win a Heisman and a National Championship.

OMG are you kidding me with the comments made about Chud. A damn blind man can see the oline failed to do its job blocking not only for the run game but the passing game as well. The OC can't be blamed when the Oline is not holding their blocks and are missing blocking assignments.

This is not the same OLINE from last season either. We have a rookie RG and Bell was a filler last season at RT. Now hes the starter. The NT and Dt ate up our rookie RG all damn game. He was a target by the DC.

I love how people are quick to point fingers every where but where they need to be pointed.

chud isn't the problem.

it was just a bad game and a lot of people didn't do their job well. players were just as guilty (probably moreso) than the coaches.

we had everything we needed to win that game except the points. it wasn't just one thing that caused it. it was a lot...but it's just not that big of a deal.

people looking for the ONE thing that could have made it better...the ONE thing that could make this team better would have as much luck pulling puppy dogs out their asses as they would figuring it out. you aren't going to find it after one season. you most certainly aren't going to find it out after one game. people are reading far too much into this past weeks game. you just won't find the answer you're looking for and if you did figure something noteworthy out it will have already been fixed.

You are on point!

Not that they are going to listen.

Even Tom Brady has bad days when his Oline isnt playing well.

I watched the 1st series on game rewind and this is what I noticed.

DB always had their eyes in the backfield, expecting a run. On the 1st running play there was inside pressure, but Talib broke off of Murphy and tackled Williams for the loss. I mean Murphy didnt even block barely he just let Talib free.

2nd play was a pass to Olsen that was a 1st down, good pass blocking. Cam had to time to hit Olsen in the middle of the field.

3rd play was a running play that Silatolu got man handle, and McCoy got the TFL, we chose to run towards the side we had 2 WR lined up at, but also the inside DB that was covering the slot had his eyes in the backfield the whole time and rushed in, WR didnt even get a good block on him either. Kalil also blocked towards Hangmans side before he went to help Silatolu was was getting manhandled.

4th play was a drop by Olsen that would have gave us 3rd and short.

5th play was a bomb to Smith that was incomplete.

Tampa came to stop the run and force Cam to throw. Our oline didnt do a good job blocking and neither did the WR's. No way and hell a WR shouldve allowed the DB to come off the edge and get a hand on the RB and know way should we have been allowing DT's 3 yards past the LOS making plays.

The Oline sucked and the WR sucked at pass blocking also.

Chud gets lots of credit here (deservedly) when our offense is rolling.

He should not be held free of blame when he puts together a game plan that appeared flawed. At least for the first game, we opted for more 3 wide minimum protection sets than was typical last year. It didn't work, nor did we adjust much as the game went on. It was like watching the Martz offense, so it was ironic he was the play-by-play guy for the broadcast.

The o-line was manhandled. Some of it was poor individual play. Some of it was Tampa taking advantage of a scheme that wasn't working.

It will be interesting to see how the offense evolves as we go through the year, and how protection schemes make our o-line look good one week and poor the next.

Archived