• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People happy about us facing a depleted Giants team.

SmootsDaddy89

Yea, they aren't exactly depleted. They're missing their best receiver (which admittedly is not a small deal) but other than him no one of any really impact is sitting out. You could make an argument about their "starting" RB, Bradshaw, but they drafted a guy in the 1st I think they want to be their #1 anyway. Bradshaw's not bad but there's a reason they were last in rushing last year..and I wouldn't put it all on their O-line...

I'm not happy about anyone having injuries. Even with them banged up it will still be a close one I think.

With that said though. Last year with the injuries we had, you're dreaming if you think any other teams or fans cared about facing us full strength or not. I know a lot of people get caught up in that for some reason, I think it's just a ego thing. Sunday still comes regardless, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like winning.

Even if most of the players who are sitting out aren't stars, they aren't impacting anything on the sideline. You can't just hope that all the teams you face are going to be missing about half a dozen key players each game. I still maintain I'd rather face a completely healthy Giants team than the one we're going to face.

I would rather win, injuries happen. We have guys banged up too. We lost Beason and TD weeks one and two and our starting DT in training camp last year. fug respect, all that poo does not matter next week or the week after, only thing that is remembered is the W's.

and didn't we pretty much blame not getting to the playoffs on defensive injuries? That's the macrocosm of what's going to happen even if we win tomorrow night. Especially if it's remotely close.

"Welp the Giants didn't have Nicks or Bradshaw, a healthy Giants team probably wins this game hurrrrr"

and didn't we pretty much blame not getting to the playoffs on defensive injuries? That's the macrocosm of what's going to happen even if we win tomorrow night. Especially if it's remotely close.

"Welp the Giants didn't have Nicks or Bradshaw, a healthy Giants team probably wins this game hurrrrr"

Then it will be forgotten next week. You want respect, pull for the Steelers.

Who cares about respect? What we need are wins, like enough to get into the playoffs.

All you can play are the games you are presented with. Win them and then worry about stuff like respect in the offseason.

Now come on man. You know very well style points are the go to stat. You cannot quantify a victory without them.

Doesn't it help with the seeding for the playoffs? Or something important like that. You need all the style points you can get.

Nah, just win baby. Ugly, pretty, smooth, rough. They all add up the same.

If you think a win against the Giants in their current state is cool, then you leave me no choice other than to assume you're a Duke fan and you are ecstatic with their 2009 national championship season when they played absolutely no one in the tourney the whole way through. I'm sorry. You've brought this on yourself.

Archived