• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wishbone formation

savage

I haven't gone back and watched the game again, but it seemed to me like our most productive drives were when we kept the option/shotgun runs to a minimum.

It might just be my biased perception, but it seemed like the drives with the most traditional looks were the most effective.

It was also cool seeing Cam line up at WR and then going under center.....not sure the purpose though.

yeah...crap like that and the wildcat? i just don't understand the point of it. it never works and there's just no need for it.

That was actually sort of a pistol wish-bone don't know what our obsession with shotgun running is .. I really don't.

Part of it is that its something Cam is REALLY REALLY comfortable with.

Other part has to do with being the 6th ranked offense last season.

Part of it is that its something Cam is REALLY REALLY comfortable with.

Other part has to do with being the 6th ranked offense last season.

most of the top QBs in the league are playing most of their out of the shotgun. this isn't at all unique to cam and it shouldn't be a surprise.

passing league will be spending most of it's time in the shotgun because it just makes sense for them to do it.

now i do think that we should be running more out of the pistol just to help out the run game, but there's very little chance we do less out of the shotgun or in the pistol nor should there be.

it just works better.

Archived