• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Helmet Case?

phidelt649

Yeah, I had seen it sitting on Ebay for the past six months and would always stop to momentarily drool over it. Last week I was bored and sent him an offer of $290 just for poos and giggles.

Imagine my surprise when he said "Sure!" I got so suspicious that I read through the last seven months of his feedback and he has a 99.5% rating with almost 2000 ratings. So I went for it. Paid for it today and three hours later I got an email saying it had been shipped via UPS. Quite the Ebayer!

Oh, and the wife went half on it with me. ;-) I knew I married her for some reason.

Sexy as hell and smart too, you did good dog... :cheers2:

You could ask your local high school if their shop class could make one. I know when I was in HS they did all sorts of plexiglass projects.

In fact, you could probably make one yourself out of plexiglass or polycarbonate (much more expensive, but nearly unbreakable), and clear epoxy if you're handy with crafts/projects. You can cut it with a rotary tool (Dremmel or cheaper alternative [like @ Roses]), add hinges, a lock, or whatever you want (from Lowed/Home Depot) You could probably even make a base on the bottom of it with some corrugated cardboard and felt that you could buy from a craft shop (gluing it to the bottom of the case).

Rotary tools come in quite handy for small jobs.

But that would take work and buying the material and the tools(if you don't have them (I don't)) and would cost more than a case already to go.

Perhaps. Depends on the cost of the display case. A sheet of plexiglass won't cost that much. Even with the cost of the tool ($25 at Roses or Ebay), I bet you could do the whole thing for under $60. And the rotary tool is a keeper.

I need to find a place to frame my signed Delhomme jersey. I took it to Micheals last week and the wanted $350. Any place in Charlotte that does jersey framing for less than tree fitty?

I need to find a place to frame my signed Delhomme jersey. I took it to Micheals last week and the wanted $350. Any place in Charlotte that does jersey framing for less than tree fitty?

Do y'all have an A.C. Moore there? It's generally cheaper than Michaels on just about everything, especially if you get a coupon. Call 'em up.

Thanks for the help everyone! I ended up getting this one after a lot of research:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350201857620

How about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Football-basketball-Hockey-Baseball-Jersey-Display-Case_W0QQitemZ280323514382QQihZ018QQcategoryZ27260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived