• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck

King Taharqa

Andrew Luck 51.3 QB rating yesterday

Mark Sanchez 109.0 QB rating yesterday

Surprised footballisasport hasnt stopped in yet.

Luck's 53.4 completion percentage has him ranked #32 in the league (BEHIND Blaine Gabbert). I can only imagine if rg3 or Cam came out the gate looking that inaccurate as rookies. For perspective, in Michael Vick's first full season as starter he completed 54.9 percent of his passes. Vince Young completed 51.5% his rookie year. For years we were told they werent QBs due to that type of inaccuracy, what's Luck's excuse?

Peyton had a 53.8 comp %, 6 TDs, 14 INTs, and 1364 yards through his first six games. Yeah no way Luck is the next Peyton even tho he has a better start to his career. I don't really care about Luck one way or the other but this thread is retarded.

little baiting going on in here by any chance?

Not at all. Luck HASNT lived up to the hype yet. Sure that could change, but other rookie QBs have done more and looked more impressive. Russell Wilson is a winner and rg3 leads the league in completion percentage. These are the things Luck was predicted and hyped to do, not trail Blaine Gabbert in passing categories.

I do not understand why everyone has to be quick to judge these players, and why people feel the need to put down one to try and make the other look better. These players are YOUNG & Early in their careers. It's why I can't post about Cam on the main board because everyone needs a conclusion right now when there is none.

For young QB's what you want to see is growth, and improvement from one year to the next (or within the season) aand more consistency in their game as time goes on. Example Sam bradford, started showing promise but has not shown any real significant improvement over the years... so to me he is not progressing in the right direction... Alternatively you can argue Matt Ryan has made constant improvements over the years and now he is starting to show his potential... that's what you want... growth, learning, consistency over time.

Cam came in and exceeded expectations last year... this is only year two and the first few games at that. Let’s see how he handles some adversity and what type of growth he has this year... I don't need Cam to be a top 3 QB to be successful, just growth and to be better than the last.

Same with Andrew Luck... this is his first year... Just like Cam did last year he has showed that potential on why they drafted him... what you want are for those players to be able to grow and reach those potentials... It's not stop gap or 1 year QB's... these are franchise QB's which means well into the future.

Not at all. Luck HASNT lived up to the hype yet. Sure that could change, but other rookie QBs have done more and looked more impressive. Russell Wilson is a winner and rg3 leads the league in completion percentage. These are the things Luck was predicted and hyped to do, not trail Blaine Gabbert in passing categories.

You can really pick and choose different stats to show what you want, but you need to add objectivity... I hate when people do it to Cam, and I hate when people do it to others. I Can say Luck is asked to throw the ball 44 times a game as a rookie which is only exceeded by Drew The Bounty Brees!!! RG III has morris and a defense and he is excelling in that situation... but Luck's situation is different. When your defense gives up points, running game is a no go and you are forced to play from behind it's not really QB friendly... we know that from some of our games this year.

RG3-Shanahan, proven Coach.

Russell Wilson- Pete Carroll, Proven College Coach, terrible the 1st time as a NFL coach, 2nd tour as HC, maybe he learned from his mistakes.

Andrew Luck- Chuck Pagano, 1st year head coach. Now out due to illness, questionable return this year.

Peyton Manning- Jim Mora. Famous for "Playoffs? Playoffs! Then changed to Tony Dungy Won AFC South minimun every year, but his last as a Colt! 1 for 2 in the Super Bowl.

RG3-Shanahan, proven Coach.

Russell Wilson- Pete Carroll, Proven College Coach, terrible the 1st time as a NFL coach, 2nd tour as HC, maybe he learned from his mistakes.

Andrew Luck- Chuck Pagano, 1st year head coach. Now out due to illness, questionable return this year.

Peyton Manning- Jim Mora. Famous for "Playoffs? Playoffs! Then changed to Tony Dungy Won AFC South minimun every year, but his last as a Colt! 1 for 2 in the Super Bowl.

Where does Cam Newton - Ron Rivera, first time head coach and Marty Hurney, 3 winning seasons out of last 11 fit in to this?

Archived