• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis and Rivera....what's up with that?

Khaki Lackey

Gettis and Rivera....

Anyone know any insider info on why Gettis didn't see the field much? And supposedly they got into it on the sidelines yesterday.

Rivera doesn't seem to have sympathy for injured players. (Otah, Hogan) I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but Gettis is young and probably doesn't want to permanently ruin his career before it really starts.

I think it may have more to do with Gettis feeling like he was ready for a few weeks now, and Rivera not giving him the opportunities he feels like he deserves. Not saying either is right or wrong, but we really could use Gettis' size and speed out there....

ok Joe Adams coughed the ball up... i can kind of understand that decision(although at this point, id go back to him)

but Gettis hasn't made those mistakes, hes been patiently waiting for his shot, looks great in practice from the little i've seen

why is this man not getting a chance?

I saw Gettis at one point late in the game bitching to another coach/trainer on the sideline, not sure who it was. I couldn't determine if it was over his snaps, or if he was complaining about the play on the field. Either way, you could tell he was pissed.

Seems to me Rivera still feels like he can play for his job and is unwilling to experiment with the 'could be's' of the team. He doesn't have the luxury of being able to focus on the long term development of players.

I get that, but it seems like Gettis would be a potential upgrade immediately.

Archived