• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My arm is stronger than John Elway's and Brett Favre's

Kevin Greene

I'll be honest, of the league's newer quarterbacks, Cutler is one I wouldn't mind having (Matt Ryan has made a strong case for himself, also).

I told one of my buddies how much I respected Cutler's style of play, and he thought I was crazy. I root for Cutler about every game he plays; except for tomorrow, of course. Tomorrow, I wouldn't mind seeing Peppers pound Cutler into the ground a couple of times. Of course, Denver has a pretty good offensive line, so I don't know if I'll get to see that.

Yes, Smitty has had his problems, but the difference between this and that is that Smith isnt out in the media saying that he has better hands than Jerry Rice.

wow...it's like you didn't read my post at all...

Cutler NEVER said he was BETTER than Elway either...

a better analogy would be saying if someone asked Steve smith if he is FASTER than Jerry Rice and he replied with, "yes I'm faster than Rice, I don't think anyone in the league can run faster than me"...

and i could easliy see Smith or many other good players saying something like that...and there's nothing wrong with that...

what the heck is all the Cutler hate about on this board?...

is it because of that bronco4life troll's posts that yall keep inexplicably keep responding to?...

Cutler is a confident (and even cocky) young fellow this is true...but is that reason to hate on him the way some of you guys are doing?...

The guy is a warrior...he played with an undiagnosed and untreated type-1 diabetes all last year and took a pounding...he took a pounding in college too...he's never complained once about his teammates or lack of protection...he continued to fight and support his teammates...

statistically he's off to one of the best starts ever for a young QB, and all he did was answer a question about his arm strength and now people want to say he's dissing Elway?...He NEVER claimed to be better, but only that he felt he had the strongest arm...so let's cut the guy some slack sheez!...

Sure he'll throw ints but he also makes plays...the guy is a competitor...

i would think that with some of the stunts Steve Smith pulled, that the Panther crowd would be a little more forgiving on a guy that is tough as nails and only wants to win...

It's just an internet MB thread. Don't sweat it. You have to admit that Cutler's remark about arm strength leaves him wide open to this. Let's be honest, Elway is a Denver icon. He won the two Super Bowls that had eluded your franchise. Elway is a Hall of Fame player and the best athlete to ever wear a Bronco's jersey. He also had one of the best arms the NFL has ever seen. Cutler should have chuckled and moved on to prove it on the field. He didn't. If his arm is that good, he can take some jabs from some fans on a message board.

The entire conversation was taken out of context, it was completely tongue in cheek. Then the media gets a hold of it and we all know what happens then. During last week's press conference some guy asked Cutler if he thought he had a stronger arm than Thigpen. It's not to be taken seriously!

Cutler has a very good arm but he needs to work on picking his battles. With him every single play should be a big one, he can't stand giving up. Carolina could take advantage of that. And Peppers is scary good. As a Bronco fan I hope it's we contain that beast, along with Smash and Dash (or whatever they are called now). Here's to a good game!

I had no problem with what Cutler said. But then this DenverTroll ass wanted to defend it. That's when it got good.

As long as Denver fans are cool (or any team fans) Got no problem with them. :cheers2: to a good and injury free game!

It's just an internet MB thread. Don't sweat it. You have to admit that Cutler's remark about arm strength leaves him wide open to this. Let's be honest, Elway is a Denver icon. He won the two Super Bowls that had eluded your franchise. Elway is a Hall of Fame player and the best athlete to ever wear a Bronco's jersey. He also had one of the best arms the NFL has ever seen. Cutler should have chuckled and moved on to prove it on the field. He didn't. If his arm is that good, he can take some jabs from some fans on a message board.

true...good points...

but if Bronco fans are over it, than other fans should clearly be over it because nobody loves a QB more than a Bronco fan loves Elway...lol

could Cutler have handled it better?..no doubt...but personally i like his confidence...we need that kinda swagger on our team IMO...

wow...it's like you didn't read my post at all...

Cutler NEVER said he was BETTER than Elway either...

a better analogy would be saying if someone asked Steve smith if he is FASTER than Jerry Rice and he replied with, "yes I'm faster than Rice, I don't think anyone in the league can run faster than me"...

and i could easliy see Smith or many other good players saying something like that...and there's nothing wrong with that...

Well I dont even think that would be an argument.....Smitty is definitely faster than Jerry Rice:hurray:

Yes, Smitty has had his problems, but the difference between this and that is that Smith isnt out in the media saying that he has better hands than Jerry Rice.

I think I'd prefer a player from my team saying something like that than getting in a fight with teammates. Also, was there a penalty/fine for Pepper's late hit?

33mbz1s.gif

true...good points...

but if Bronco fans are over it, than other fans should clearly be over it because nobody loves a QB more than a Bronco fan loves Elway...lol

could Cutler have handled it better?..no doubt...but personally i like his confidence...we need that kinda swagger on our team IMO...

Im definitely over it. I actually like the guy. He is a good QB, and I like a guy who has a little swagger to him.

I had no problem with what Cutler said. But then this DenverTroll ass wanted to defend it. That's when it got good.

As long as Denver fans are cool (or any team fans) Got no problem with them. :cheers2: to a good and injury free game!

i'm assuming you're referring to that denver4life poster...

in which if you are, i couldn't agree more...:cheers2:

if you look at elways carreer stats and cutlers current stats, there's evidence to back up that talk. Player's are allowed to be a little cockey if theyve got the consistant figures to back it up. Unlike, say, a Terrell Owens.

The kid's got skill, let him be happy with it. And smile when he gets smacked around like a rag doll on sunday.

Archived