• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Trade Gerald Henderson?

Herbert The Love Bug

I wonder if we could work a deal that included Henderson and Scola (straight up trade actually works salary-wise). Scola has been benched and has seen less minutes as Morris has been favored. It's actually working out for the Suns.

Henderson would fill a need for the Suns and Scola for us. But Scola's value is greater than Henderson and this is where the problem lies. We could try to trade Henderson, but I'm almost certain we'd be taking something extra on.

EDIT: Actually, Scola can't be traded for a year because he was amnestied, so that solves that problem.

As a fan: No way, I would hold onto him. The way Ben Gordon chucks up shots and misses makes me so angry. When Hendo comes back and we have Taylor coming off the bench- Gordon will be the one i would like to move- if possible

As a business owner: Yes, I would move him for some more front court scoring help. Continue the development of Taylor and the back court of Kemba/Sessions will help with the the lack of depth at SG

Kilroy was here with a good point. But with our backcourt now, I'd take a mid-rounder. heck, we drafted him

12th, right? He's played like a 24 or 25 pick at best.

If he wants to come back cheap, I'm cool with that. We'll see what the market will bear anyway.

I just don't see him being in our starting lineup if we're going to win. I could see him coming off the bench

and being a real part of the team. A lot of it is up to him.

Yea I agree and that's exactly what I think. We could very well find a team who'll likely be drafting after the mid round to trade with (Lakers). Hendo have been playin like a late round pick. I haven't seen anything from him to to tell me that he was worth the 12th overall pick. He's not a piece you want starting on your team if you want to become a competitive team. He's what you want coming off the bench.

Yeah I have always thought Henderson was that perfect 6th man type player. Never really a start type. I think it would be good for our depth and our bench to keep him, But right now we have 3 to 4 guys playing SG excluding him. I know when Hendo gets back, Taylor will be MKGs back up at a SF and Hendo can also play SF. I don't know what I'd do, I just know I love Taylor starting and like him better as a player and want him to get as many minutes as possible.

Personally, no. I like our back court and I think that because of the strength of our back court we will win more games then we are "supposed" to this year.

When Henderson returns, we can kick Jeff Taylor back out to small forward and pretty much be set at positions one through three.

PG: Walker, Sessions

SG: Henderson, Gordon, Williams

SF: MKG, Taylor

Our weakness is without a doubt the front court

PF: Mullens, Thomas, Warrick

C: Haywood, Biyombo

Those five players are really good role players, but we need starter material there to compete.

There are going to be some good power forwards that the Cats can make a run at in the offseason and I personally would love to see them add David West in the offseason (David played his high school ball in North Carolina).

I still think we have a chance to get Portland's first round pick because it's actually top 12 protected, not lottery protected.

I would love to add Isaiah Austin from Baylor or my favorite prospect Alex Len from Maryland.

A lot of UNC basis in this thread. Hendo creates his own shot. Taylor can't do that yet. Hendo gives us a better chance at scoring in the half court game. I want to see Hendo back before we think about trading him. Let's remember just like Kemba this year. He has improved on all his numbers every year in the league.

We have a great overloaded back court. We have two legitimate small forwards in MKG and JT. The games we've lost have been due to lack of front court depth/ size to defend. The only reason the game was close against the Wizards was because Nene was owning us in the post. Even though we won last night it showed me that we are one big man injury away from being bad. We've proven we can win without GH. That sort of makes me think that GH is an asset we should use to our advantage now by looking to find another big that can come in and be more then just a body. We need a guy that can defend, rebound, and finish at the rim.

I'd love to trade him to Utah for Jefferson or Millsap but it would take more than just Henderson. Not sure how much the team could get by trading hiim, there isnt a huge demand around the league for a swingman who cant hit 3s or carry an offense.

The one thing I dont want to do is overpay him this summer

Realistically, what is the trade market for Henderson? I doubt any rebuilding teams would see him as a major piece, and since he is on a 1 year contract they have little incentive to trade for him.

That would leave competitive teams who would want him to fill a hole in their rotation, and the only teams I could see interested in Henderson are the Celtics, Lakers, and Grizzlies.

@ ThatLooks....Milsap is who i want....i say we send Henderson and the pick owed to us by Portland for Milsap ( if he agrees to sign long term ) with Gordon and his 14 mil gone by midseason then we have plenty of cash >>>Milsap is worth every penny.....this would be a great move for us....would make us a playoff team automatically!!!!

@ ThatLooks....Milsap is who i want....i say we send Henderson and the pick owed to us by Portland for Milsap ( if he agrees to sign long term ) with Gordon and his 14 mil gone by midseason then we have plenty of cash >>>Milsap is worth every penny.....this would be a great move for us....would make us a playoff team automatically!!!!

I would take Favors over Milsap.

Archived