• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King lists potential NFL Head Coaches for 2013

Dpantherman

I don't think Shaw is a realistic candidate either, but not because he doesn't want to leave Stanford (while I believe that some coaches do want to leave a legacy at their college jobs, it's different to say no to speculation vs an actual, hard NFL-salary level offer), but because I don't think JR would approve of a college coach. We'll see.

IF we go coordinator, I'd like us to think outside the box and try a ST coach like Harbaugh was. Toub or Seely could both make good HCs, IMO.

No way JR hires one of Fox's assistants.

I'm putting my money on Kelly or Shaw. IMO both would be incredible hires...Kelly is going to have to convince JR and the GM that he can make his offense work in the NFL. Shaw is going to have to convince GMs that he didn't just piggy-back off of Harbaugh's greatness and his system. Love the guy's attitude though...doesn't back down from anyone.

Better something outside the box than a retread like Cowher or Koetter or anyone else. John Harbaugh was a ST coach and he's had a winning record and been to the playoffs every single year.

Harbough has obviously worked out, but I think that is more an exception to the rule.

I hope we go after someone that has head coaching experience. People around the league were high on Rivera being head coach material, but turns out he has mismanaged games worse than 12 year olds on Madden, and I'm not even being facetious.

Archived