• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a horrible feeling about this game on Sunday

Sam Mills Fan

A game that's sandwiched in between two mammoth night primetime games in a week where we've done nothing but discuss nicknames and gotten more media attention this week than we have since the start of the 2006 season? Yeah, I have a feeling that Razz and Dazzle or whatever the hell we're calling them now are going to rush for about 50 yards combined and we're going to lose by a couple of touchdowns.

Talk me down on this one because I'm worried. TB will also lose one of their last three, so we'll still win the division, but I'm reading the tea leaves for this week and it's not looking good.

Legitemate concern. This week, Fox will earn his pay using Xs and Os as well as motovational speaker techniques. The game against the G men for possible home field through out is meaningless until they win this one.

Lets hope they come out focused and ready.

The 12th man could play a huge part in this one.

If this had been teams of old we wouldn't have beaten Tampa and would be fighting for our playoffs life. For the first time in a long time this team seems committed to playing well and doing whatever they can to pull together and win.

You should be concerned because Denver is a hot or cold team that when hot is hard to beat. Six games ago I would say our passing defense was our strength instead of our weakness. No longer. Hopefully we can pull together and get a win. I really don't think this team is looking ahead or drinking the koolaid.

As bad as you feel about this game is as good as I feel. Maybe my optimism will counter your pessimism.

8-0 at home this year!1!!!

fortunately the talk is different among the team. they are not sounding like they did before their bad games this year. they are taking this very seriously and have their swagger back.

everything you read from the players and coaches is they HAVE to win this game. they know the importance of this and every game coming up. they want the homefield advantage and are going to be kicking their own butts to make sure that it gets done.

I feel the team will be ready for this game. With a chance to go undefeated at home, I believe the running game will be in full effect. Denver's passing attack scares me, especially since they obviously have a very good o-line and if we don't get any pressure on Cutler our secondary will probably be exposed. He can also move out of the pocket in the same way that Culpepper, Rodgers, and Garcia can. SCARY!

The thing that makes me confident in our chances is the fact that, at home, ball control and grinding their D down with the running attack should limit their opportunities. If things work out this way, even if our CBs get torched once or twice, we will still most likely outscore them. Don't forget that our passing is still dangerous and when we have execution is lethal with all of the quality targets available to Delhomme.

I see a score very much like last Monday's.

Denver 21

Carolina 35

I think the slow starts are behind us. Our pass coverage needs some adjustments but Denver has no running game so that helps. We seem to have eliminated our early season problem with penalties and our field position game is as good as anyone's in the league. If we can get the running game cranked up and control the clock, Denver is going to have a hard time putting together enough 80 yard drives to stay in front. Add the pumped up crowd and I think we can take care of business. Go Panthers!

we can't afford to lose.

we can't afford a slow start.

we can't afford on our ability to come back in the 4th quarter.

we can't afford to be weak in the passing defense.

the team knows this.

the team is getting ready for this. that meeting that fox had with the elders spoke volumes about what they are trying to do to keep their heads on straight. one game at a time for them. without a win this week anything that happens next week may not matter. one week at a time.

I hate to say I agree with this guy. At first it was a feeling. And after really thinking about the matchups my head is telling me that we need to have our A game to win.

Think about these matchups:

1) Their pass offense against our recently porous pass defense- Cutler has the type of quick release really fast throw that can beat us. Eddie Royal is one of the best route runners in the league right now. And Stokley is the type of speedy guy that will kill us on short passes. Brandon Marshall is bad enough buy himself. Im actually hoping Cutler focuses on B Marshall this game because I think Gamble can defend him well. This is our best chance to win here, I think one of Cutlers weaknesses is focusing on one receiver.

2) Clady vs. Pep- Peppers has increasingly become our best pass defender just because of pass rush. Clady on him even grows their advantage in the pass game.

3) The resurgent Broncos run defense. I don't know what to think here honestly. I mean not many teams go from 3-4 to 4-3 in the middle of the season and have success. But it has worked. Last week they allowed LJ 36 yards after the first time he had 198 yards 2 TDs.

4) Champ Bailey on Smitty. If he plays, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back in our offense if we can't run the ball. We all know how much Jake relies on Smitty and we would be lying if we denied it.

To end. I honestly think if our running game continues like it very well should we should get a win here.

Archived