• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Instagram will have the right to sell your photos...

Darth Biscuit

Without payment or compensation of any kind... starting Jan 16, 2013.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57559710-38/instagram-says-it-now-has-the-right-to-sell-your-photos/

Instagram said today that it has the perpetual right to sell users' photographs without payment or notification, a dramatic policy shift that quickly sparked a public outcry.

The new intellectual property policy, which takes effect on January 16, comes three months after Facebook completed its acquisition of the popular photo-sharing site. Unless Instagram users delete their accounts before the January deadline, they cannot opt out.

---

Another policy pitfall: If Instagram users continue to upload photos after January 16, 2013, and subsequently delete their account after the deadline, they may have granted Facebook an irrevocable right to sell those images in perpetuity. There's no obvious language that says deleting an account terminates Facebook's rights, EFF's Opsahl said.

Don't use it myself, but I suspect a lot of people will be dropping it if this doesn't change...

If they want to sell my pictures of what I ate last night, random outdoor pictures, and over nonsense, all the power to them.

Seriously, if they can get cash for the poo my wife takes pictures of on IG then props for ripping someone off....

You say that until a picture of your kid ends up on the packaging for a dildo and there is nothing you can do about it.

Inimicus: Expert on Dildo marketing and advertising...

Serious question: When does a dildo company put a picture of a child on the packaging? Being married and full of dignity...I have not frequented an adult store since college...unfortunately*...

*Wifey makes sure I rid all my expectations of Sex ...with her at least... its why my post count is so high recently.

My kid is 22 so there's that...

And I was just trying to come up with something so repugnant that neither of the posters who said they didn't care could legitimately claim to be cool with it.

As I said before if IG can make a buck off the poo my wife takes pictures of on her Iphone (flowers, rainy windows, the back of our dogs head etc etc)....then more power to them....

Archived