• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Finding a Dirt Cheap Daily Driving Car

The Saltman

I'm looking into buy a beater for maximum $2500.

Im trying to keep the miles off of my car right now so I need something that wont blow up on me but will prob be old with lots of miles.

What would be my best bet? Honda? Nissan altima/maxima??

And where should I look?? Craigslist??

Any of you guys want to sell me your beaters? ;)

get a mid-late 90's Toyota Celica

most came with the almost bulletproof 1.8 liter 4 banger. Great on gas, super durable, easy to work on, and if you get the hatchback model you can haul a ton of poo.

Corolla's of that time period had the same drivetrain, but are less fun to drive.

get a mid-late 90's Toyota Celica

most came with the almost bulletproof 1.8 liter 4 banger. Great on gas, super durable, easy to work on, and if you get the hatchback model you can haul a ton of poo.

Corolla's of that time period had the same drivetrain, but are less fun to drive.

those celicas have the same motor as my corolla, only with dual exhaust and an overhead cam

you can blast them full of sand and still drive them another 10k miles

Yeah, Honda/Toyota are your best bets. They hold their value because they're so reliable and durable.

I would try to avoid getting anything off rot lots though... I worked at a dealership and they sold those used lots their cars because either something was wrong with them to begin with, or they had too many miles for the to resell on the dealership lot aka no value. I'd look into a private seller OR try getting one at an auction.

Archived