• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, it's Friday, and still no GM.

iamhubby1

I don't care. I don't need to sign a GM just to sign a GM. We must get the right guy for the job. A GM that wll aid Rivera in finishing the job he started. A GM that can find talent. A GM that will make us relevant for the long haul.

I don't believe that Rivera is gone just because we are getting a new GM. I believe this team is better than it was two years ago. I also don't care how many of my fellow huddlers will whine and complain about keeping Rivera. Or harp over the fact that a GM isn't already on board.

So in closing. I want Rivera back. I want a GM with an eye for talent and don't care how long it takes. We are a team that is close, and we need a GM that agrees with me.

There are guys out there that can get the job done. As long as it is not Beane we will be ok. You folks are too damm funny with your "I know what is best crap."

I get the point I think - saying you won't even care on Friday right? I hope you mean that.

Either way everyone making the statement that they don't care how long it takes doesn't realize that philosophy only works in a vacuum where we are the only team looking for a GM. The level of passivity we tend to show with decisions while the organization waffles about how they want to handle something will land us with a 2nd tier candidate given the number of other teams who are looking to fill the same spot.

I take a generally accepting stance to how long we take to do things but the GM search should be short and sweet from here. It should certainly not be protracted. And if we want a good GM it had better not be.

https://twitter.com/...582808422522880

Well according to Tom Sorenson's response to my tweet, looks like we will have to be a bit more patient..

@Christopher5784. New GM should decide. Dont expect anything this week.- Tom Sorensen

Makes sense to me. The soonest I expect to hear about a GM is Friday. If that's the case Rivera will be employed at least until Monday.

Archived